File Sizes for Numerous Switch Games Revealed: Mario Kart 8, Snipperclips, and More
Nintendo has updated its Japanese website with file sizes for numerous upcoming Switch games, including a whopping 32 GB install for Dragon Quest I and II, which means it will require a separate microSD card, as the Switch only ships with 32 GB of internal memory, and some of that will be allotted to its operating system.
Here are the file sizes we know so far:
- Dragon Quest Heroes I-II – 32 GB
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7 GB
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power-Up Kit – 5 GB
- Snipperclips: Cut it Out – 1.60 GB
- Puyo Puyo Tetris — 1.09 GB
- I Am Setsuna – 1.40 GB
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.4 GB
As you may know, you will be able to expand Nintendo Switch’s memory via Micro SDXC cards, with the device supporting cards up to 2TB, though cards of this size are currently not available.
At the moment, the largest available card is a hefty 512 GB, slightly more space than the standard launch PS4 and Xbox One. This particular card costs around $200 USD.
The Switch is set to release March 3, 2017.