Today Square-Enix announced that they will be releasing Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light in North America later this year, on October 8, 2010. If you don’t quite know what I’m talking about, here’s a quick rundown.
The game is the first Final Fantasy title designed specifically for the Nintendo DS and it is from the guys who remade Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV for the system, so it look similar to those titles. The story follows a young boy who, much like other RPG heroes of his type, sets out on a journey of self-discovery with a group of friends. Of course, he happens to end up on a quest to save the world from an evil bad dude. Being that this is a DS title, it has the token multi-player mode, which allows up to four players to work together to help you save the world. After the jump you can check out some of the game’s features, as well as some screens from the title, if your heart so desires.From the press release:
- The first original FINAL FANTASY title for Nintendo DS brought to life by the development team behind the Nintendo DS remakes of FINAL FANTASY III and FINAL FANTASY IV.
- Charming storybook visuals crafted under the guidance of art director and character designer Akihiko Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY III for DS, FINAL FANTASY XII).
- Combat is fun and intuitive with a battle system that operates on Action Points. Requiring nothing more than a simple selection of commands, players can dive right into a classic turn-based RPG battle experience.
- The Crown Job System offers a selection of over two dozen jobs to choose from. Players can freely customize a character’s abilities and magic skills no matter which crown they have equipped. The possibilities are endless!
- Help friends advance in their adventure, or join forces to conquer tough dungeons. The multiplayer mode enables cooperative play for up to four players.
Here are some screenies and a shot of the European box art (also seen above):