Final Fantasy VII Remake Gets New Information on Minigames, World and More
A few more pieces of information on the Final Fantasy VII Remake have emerged via an interview to Producer Toshinori Kitase and Director Tetsuya Nomura on Dengeki PlayStation, reported thanks to a leaked copy by the Japanese blog Hachima Kikou.
- The game will have full voice overs, so characters that weren’t in Advent Children will need new voice actors. They haven’t been casted yet.
- The date events will be fully voiced, but since the social situation is different from that in which the original game was launched, it will have have to be implemented carefully. Nomura-san also mentioned the Honey Bee Inn (laughing).
- Info on the map cannot be provided yet, but the team isn’t worrying on whether it’s considered an open world or sandbox or not. Nomura-san is more interested in focusing on the environments and in showing how characters affect them.
- Minigames that have left an impression with the fans will be included. The inclusion of the smaller ones will require consideration, as they all need to be developed with the latest tech.
- The game’s development is in the initial stages. They started developing idea for the battle system, but it’ll take time to implement them.
- No information can be shared on whether the game will be out by January 31st, 2017 (20th anniversary of the original game), but more information on that might come after the release of World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD in 2016.