Final Fantasy VII Remake Unveils Its English Voice Cast
The Final Fantasy VII Remake features some prominent names in its English voice cast.
Square Enix knew what people wanted to see at their E3 2019 press conference–lots and lots of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. In addition to all the gameplay they showed, they also pulled back the curtain on who’s going to voice who in the English cast in a press release. Your lineup is:
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
Some of these voice actors are replacements for who’s been voicing these characters of late. Perhaps most notable is Cody Christian replacing Steve Burton as Cloud’s voice actor. Burton has voiced Cloud since 2002, bringing the character to life in Kingdom Hearts I, Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, and a few other Final Fantasy games during that time. His most recent performance as Cloud was in 2018’s Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. He’s still listed as Cloud’s voice actor for the Final Fantasy VII Remake on his IMDb page.