Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Tops PS4 Download Charts in Japan For the Second Week in a Row
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age sits at the top of the PS4 sales chart on the Japanese PlayStation Store for the second (and probably last) week in a row.
Sony Interactive Entertainment released its PS4 digital downloads sales chart for the Japanese PlayStation Store, related to last week.
The chart was dominated by Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, that is at its second week of primacy.
Below you can read the full chart.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
- Saints Row IV
- Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st]
- Hitman Prologue
- Minecraft: PS4 Edition
- Final Fantasy XIV: Complete Pack
- Simple DL Series G4U Vol. 1 The Mahjong
- Bloodborne: The Old Hunters Edition
- Final Fantasy VII
- Salt and Sanctuary
- The King of Fighters XIV
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
- The Wicther 3: Wild Hunt
- Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
- Summer Lesson: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days
- Metro Redux
- Gravity Rush 2
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Fallout 4
This is probably the last week for Final Fantasy XII at the top. Next week will see the debut of the Dragon Quest XI cyclone, so the result is rather obvious.
Quite notable is the result of French Bread’s Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st] which manages to debut with a very respectable third place.
Incidentally, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu included the overall downloads chart for the month of June (more precisely from May 29th to June 25th), and the top game might surprise some.
Below you can read the full chart with the number of copies sold and the percentage of digital sales within the total.
- Fallout 4 – PS4 – 33,651 (100%)
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood – PS4 – 29,917 (50.5%)
- Tekken 7 – PS4 – 21,526 (21.5%)
- ARMS – Switch – 20,941 (11.9%)
- Rainbow Six Siege – PS4 – 15,983 (75.0%)
- Battlefield 4 – PS4 – 15,640 (100%)
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition – Switch – 13,885 (100%)
- Summer Lesson: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days – PS4 – 12,890 (100%)
- Horizon Zero Dawn – PS4 – 12.791 (71.9%)
- Final Fantasy VII – PS4 – 10,909 (100%)
Keep in mind that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age wasn’t yet released in the period examined by the chart above, which is why it doesn’t appear. The Fallout 4 mystery is easily solved, as the game was heavily discounted.
Final Fantasy XIV‘s expansion Stormblood moved slightly over half of its copies digitally, meaning that it sold almost 60,000 copies in Japan in its debut month (excluding the PC version, of course).
ARMS sold just over 10% of its total copies moved digitally, showing once more that the Japanese Nintendo fanbase is sluggish compared to the PlayStation one in embracing digital downloads. That said, the game was still the best-selling of the month summing both physical and digital copies, selling 176,000 copies in the period examined.
One last interesting piece of data is for Summer Lesson: Alison Snow, which started with 12,980 copies during its debut month. This is considerably less than the original Summer Lesson starring Hikari Miyamoto, that scored 27,027 copies, but had a few more days on the market. Considering that Japanese sales tend to be quite front-loaded, it’s very likely that local gamers simply favored the local waifu over the new one. The novelty effect might also have worn out a bit.