Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Tops PS4 Download Charts in Japan; Sells 78% of Initial Shipment
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age launched successfully in Japan on the PlayStation Store, as well as retail.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan and Asia released the top-20 ranking for PS4 downloads on the Japanese PlayStation Network last week, and predictably Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is right at the top.
Below you can find the whole chart. Since a large sale is going on, we added the discounts to help readability on why some older games are back close to the top.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
- Gundam Versus (10% discount)
- Saints Row IV (75% discount)
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Portal Knights
- Final Fantasy XIV Complete Pack (10% discount)
- Gundam Versus: Premium G Sound Edition (10% discount)
- ACA NeoGeo Fatal Fury Legend Special
- Terraria (50% discount)
- Bloodborne: The Old Hunters Edition (50% discount)
- Simple DL Series G4U Vol. 1 The Mahjong (30% discount)
- Salt and Sanctury (30% discount)
- Final Fantasy VII (50% discount)
- Summer Lesson: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days
- Metro Redux (65% discount)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition (40% discount)
- Little Nightmares – Complete Edition (11% discount)
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (50% discount)
- The King of Fighters XIV (60% discount)
- Horizon Zero Dawn (33% discount)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age seems to be off to a good start, and it also topped the Media Create charts this week, completing the scenario since those only count retail sales, and don’t include digital ones.
Gundam Versus also keeps going solidly after debuting in first place last week, while both Portal Knights and Final Fantasy XIV hold fairly strongly as well. Both of them debuted at the top (with the release of the Stormblood expansion in Final Fantasy XIV’s case), and refused to drop off the top-ten since.
Interestingly, Media Create also released its weekly analysis, giving more color on the performance of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. It did better at retail than the previous remaster (Final Fantasy Type-0 HD) by selling 100, 764 copies against 92,000 on its debut week, and the sell-through ratio at retail is also better, with 78.17% copies of the initial physical shipment sold against 59.59%.
Interestingly, thanks to the launch of the Nintendo New 2DS XL and boosted sales of PS4 and Switch, this is the first week in which combined hardware sales in Japan pass the 100,000 units (and not by a small margin, since the total tally is 132,000 units across all consoles), since May 2017.