During the Live Letter which was broadcast on December 23, 2015 from Eorzea Café in Japan, Final Fantasy XIV Director and Producer Naoki Yoshida teased the new content that will be implemented in upcoming patch 3.2.:
- New main scenario quests and new side quests will be added.
- Gnath beast tribe daily quests will be added.
- New dungeons will be added: The Antitower and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard).
- The Warring Triad series will kick off with a new trial: Containment Bay S1T7 and Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme).
- The next tier of the Alexander raid will be added: Alexander: Midas and Alexander: Midas (Extreme) will be implemented simutaneously.
- An Orchestrion furnishing will be added, allowing players to play in-game musics. Songs will have to be bought from vendors or collected through various methods. 45 tracks will be available at the beginning.
- The Hall of Novices will be added and accessible from level 15. It will cover deeper tutorials and help players prepare for end-game content.
- The Mentor System will be added
- A Striking Dummy mode named “Stone, Sky, Sea” will be added: the idea is to defeat dummies within the time limit.
- Changes will be made to the materia system
- New Allagan tomestones will be added
- The ability to sell items directly from a retainer will be added
- The minimap will now display differences in elevation
- Support for 4k resolution will be added
Regarding PVP, a new mode called “The Feast” will be added: you will be able to earn points by defeating players. PVP Seasons will be introduced and reset every major patch. Players with the highest ranking will receive rewards. The Feast will come in 5 variations:
- 8vs8 (win/loss rate does not apply
- 4vs4 (solo queue, win/loss rate applies)
- 4vs4 (solo queue, win/lose rate does not apply)
- 4vs4 (light party, win/loss rate applies)
- 4v4s (light party, win/loss rate does not apply)
More details about patch 3.2 will be revealed in the next Letter from the Producer LIVE at the F.A.T.E in Kagoshima on January 30th, 2016.