Today, during a broadcast from Nico Nico Chokaigi, the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn development team presented quite a few screenshots and videos showcasing many of the beautiful maps that will be included in the Heavensward expansion.
Here’s a summary of the areas showcased
- Ishgard proper, divided in lower and upper districts.The upper district is lavish and luxurious as it’s the area where the Ishgardian nobles live.
- Cohertas Western Highlands will spark memories for veteran Final Fantasy XIV players, as it returns from 1.0, including locations like Camp Riversmeet and Falcon’s Nest. It’s located beyond the Great Ice Wall of Snowcloak.
- The Dravanian Highlands are populated by dragons and beastmen tribes.
- The Dravanian Lowlands are crossed by a river coming from the Highlands, but aren’t populated by the dragons. It’s the place where Sharlayan is located.
- The Dravanian’s Cloud Sea is an archipelago of floating islands above the Highlands, on Ishgard’s west side, and it’s the true nest of the Dragons.
- The Amarasia Cloud Sea is another archipelago of many floating islands. It’s also the home of the Vanu Vanu bestmen tribe, on Ishgard’s east side.
- ??? – A mysterious area themed after genetic engineering.
- The Gubra Library is an instanced dungeon fashioned after an ancient abandoned library in Sharlayan.
Below you can see a video and multiple screenshots of each zone from the livestream. Unfortunately the quality isn’t the best due to the usual nico nico compression and low resolution, but they’re much better than nothing.