Final Fantasy XIV Patch 4.5 A Requiem For Heroes Launches on January 8
A new patch for Final Fantasy XIV will roll out in January that'll prep players for the game's upcoming third major expansion.
Square Enix has revealed that Final Fantasy XIV players will soon get the chance to go hands-on with the upcoming two-part patch titled A Requiem For Heroes. Patch 4.5 will include the conclusion to the Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood storyline and lead players into Shadowbringers. You can check out a new trailer down below.
The first patch rolling out will add a whole slew of new content for players to get invested in before the release of the game’s next expansion. The new additions include:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline.
- New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, “Air Force One”; New minigame, “Doman Mahjong”
- New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
Furthermore, the Blue Mage character class will be rolled out in the week following patch 4.5. Players will have to have a level 50 Disciple of War or Magic class/job and have the main scenario of A Realm Reborn completed. There’ll also be a series of Blue Mage-exclusive content for you to tackle once you reach level 50 with the class in the form of The Masked Carnivale.
Additional patches are planned following the release of A Requiem For Heroes:
- Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
- Patch 4.56 – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests
- Data Center Expansion for North America and Europe; New World Visit System
More information on the upcoming expansion, Shadowbringers, will be revealed at the game’s fan festival event in Paris in early February. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is available now on PC and PS4. You can check out more information on the game’s upcoming third expansion that was revealed at the Las Vegas fan festival in November.