Final Fantasy XIV Producer Letter Shows Off Auto-Attack
The newest letter from Naoki Yoshida, producer of Final Fantasy XIV, brings some interesting details about the short-term evolution of Square Enix’ flagship MMORPG. The game will soon see the introduction of an auto-attack functionality and also shows a video of it in action, that you can see embedded below. What Yoshida doesn’t mention is that the video also includes some nice new combat animations for the gladiator and lancer classes.
Other prominent points include:
- Auto-attack functionality will be prioritized in 1.18.
- Attack motion diversification and fine-tuning are planned for 1.19.
- Battle classes only will receive auto-attack.
- The stamina gauge will be abolished with the introduction of auto-attack.
- Recast timers will be adjusted for certain actions obtained via quests and guild marks whose action costs were managed solely through the stamina gauge.
- Certain actions dependent on the stamina gauge will have their effects adjusted.
- Characters will be made able to switch between passive and active modes while moving.
- Multiple attacks during auto-attack is also being planned for the future.
Yoshida also clarifies that work on the first raid zone is completed, and a second will follow suit.
Unfortunately not all news are good, as internal testing of the new combat features and the raid zone will push the release of the next patch back a couple weeks, probably around early-mid july.