Final Fantasy XIV Sales Surge, Monster Hunter 4 Still Dominates Japan According to Major Retailer’s Charts
As every Monday, the major Japanese retailer Tsutaya released its weekly sales charts, that are normally considered a good indication of what we’ll see on Wednesday with the Media Create charts due to the fact that Tsutaya has a very high number of shops scattered across the country.
Here is the ranking for the week between September the 16th and September the 22nd (new releases are bolded).
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3DS
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn – PS3
- Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 3DS
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle – PS3
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – 3DS
- Nobunaga’s Ambition – 3DS
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – PS3
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life – 3DS
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 3DS
- Kiniro no Corda 3 Full Voice Special – PSP
- AKB1/149 Renai Sosenkyo – PS3
- Sangokushi – 3DS
- Killzone: Mercenary – PS Vita
- Brothers Conflict: Brilliant Blue – PSP
- Youkai Watch – 3DS
- My Youth Romantic Comedy in a Game is Wrong As I Expected – PS Vita
- Mushibugyo – 3DS
- Puppeteer – PS3
- AKB1/149 Renai Sosenkyo (Limited Edition)- PS3
- Ragnarok Odyssey Ace – PS Vita
Not too surprisingly Monster Hunter 4 is still dominating the charts, as it was unlikely for its sales craze to expire in just a week. It may drop a bit next week, but we’ll have to see about that.
During the weekend Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn retail sales have resumed in Japan (where they were suspended as well as digital sales, while in the west only the digital download version of the game was on hold), and looks like those that were left out scrambled to the shops to buy their copy, propelling the game back to second place, showing that the momentum of Square Enix’s resurrected MMORPG is still far from ended.
This week we still get two PSP games in the top 20 again, demonstrating that the veteran portable is far from dead in Japan, where it’s still popular especially between the ladies. Not surprisingly both titles are otome games.