Final Fantasy XIV Update 4.1 and “Return to Ivalice” Raid Bring Tactics and XII Back in New Artwork
The key artwork of the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV update will look very familiar to fans of Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII.
As you may already know, upcoming update 4.1 to Final Fantasy XIV will include a new 24-man alliance raid titled “Return to Ivalice.”
If the name was not enough for you, the raid will be written by Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy Tactics Director Yasumi Matsuno.
Following the information released in the latest Letter from the Prodicer Live broadcast, today Square Enix released the official direct feed version of the key art (by Akihiko Yoshida) for the update, aptly titled “The Legend Returns.”
Not only the key artwork shows two characters that definitely look like Delita and Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics, but we also see what is described as the “Return to Ivalice” landscape, identified as Rabanastre. I’m sure I don’t need to explain where the name comes from.
Among the rest, we also get a handy summary of the content of the update, which is launch in early October on PS4 and PC.
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests – The fan favorite Hildibrand quest series also returns.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Titled “Return to Ivalice,” featuring guest creator Yasumi Matsuno
- New Primal Battle – Shinryu makes a triumphant comeback in a new extreme difficulty challenge
- New ‘Ultimate’ Difficulty Raid – The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) brings a new challenge to the most hardcore thrill seekers
- Adventurer Squadron Updates – Players and squadron members may now team up and explore dungeons together
- PvP Content: “Rival Wings” – Ride goblin mechs and fight your opponents in 24 v 24 matches
- Housing Update – Sale of plots in Shirogane will begin, along with the addition of swimming areas in all housing districts
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Lost Canals of Uznair Update – Venture even deeper into the submerged chambers for greater rewards and challenges
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Kojin
- And much more
You can see both at the bottom of the post. If you want to read more about the game and its future, you can check ou our recent interview with Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida from Gamescom. And you can also check out our review of the latest expansion, Stormblood.