Final Fantasy XIV Update 4.4 Gets New Trailer and Screenshots Showing Tons of New Content
If you're eagerly awaiting the next big update to Final Fantasy XIV, today Square Enix revealed a new trailer and a batch of screenshots.
Today Square Enix released a new batch of Final Fantasy XIV screenshots and a trailer of the upcoming update 4.4, titled “Prelude in Violet.”
The update will release on September 18th on the live servers for both PS4 and PC, and it will include a ton of new content. Here’s a handy summary.
- New Main Scenario Quest
- New Sidequests – The Four Lords and Even Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Dungeons – The Burn and Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum (Hard)
- New Trial – Hells’ Kier (Suzaku)
- New Raid – Omega: Alphascape
- Gathering and Crafting Updates – New Recipes
- Housing Updates – Addition of the Mannequin Indoor Furnishing
- Expansion of The Lost Canals of Uznair – The Treasure Hunting instance
- Battle System and PvP Updates, New Gold Saucer Content, Added Group Pose Functionality, and more
If you want to take a look, you can check out the trailer and screenshots below (I included the Japanese version, for those of you who enjoy Japanese voices).
If you want to learn more about Final Fantasy XIV, you can also enjoy more detailed information on the upcoming 4.4 update and read our review of the Stormblood expansion, alongside the latest comments from Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.
If you’re struggling with the current The Rising event, you can also read our dedicated guide. Recently, Square Enix announced that the game passed 14 million registered users, and unlocked the paid premium service on the Final Fantasy XIV Companion app.
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for PS4 and PC, and you can grab a copy on Amazon.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.