Final Fantasy XIV’s First Expansion Heavensward: Here are All the Details and The First Screenshots
Square Enix just announced the first expansion of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, titled Heavensward. Besides the beautiful teaser trailer, they also provided quite a lot of interesting details, which you can see recapped below.
- The expansion is set in and Ishgard.
- The two key plot points are “the Dragonsong War” and “the Wyrmking versus Thordan and His Knights Twelve.”
- The level cap will be shifted from 50 to 60.
- Massive new areas will be included.
- A new playable race will be added. It won’t be the Viangaa, previously appeared as an april fool. Both male and female options will be available.
- There will be multiple new jobs introduced.
- There will be new primals, including some original to Final Fantasy XIV.
- There will be new dungeons and high level raids.
- Airships will be introduced. Free companies will be able to build them and visit floating islands.
- Plenty new gear and crafting recipes will be added.
- The new areas will include the city of Ishgard, the beastmen-ruled Dravanian forelands and the floating continent.
More information has been promised for London’s Fanfest on October 25th.
The expansion is designed to have a more dark and mature look compared to the earlier content of the game, and its themes will reflect that look, with a terrible war between Ishgard and Dravania, political and religious intrigue and social conflict.
Below you can see the slides that introduced the expansion and the first screenshots and artwork of the new areas directly from the livestream, courtesy of Final Fantasy XIV forum user Katsaria, plus more released on the official Twitter account of the game..
Since when I first set foot in front of the locked gates of Ishgard back in 2010 I wanted to finally cross them. They will finally open for us all in Spring 2015.