Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition DLC Update’s $19.99 Price Was a Mistake; Square Enix Clarifies
Square Enix clarified that the $19.99 price for the "Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack" that will update the base game to the Royal Edition was listed in error.
Yesterday, Square Enix announced the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PS4 and Xbox One. The official press release also included info on a DLC package named “Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack” for those who already own the original game, that will update it to the Royal Edition adding the new features.
The original press release listed the price for the Royal Pack as $19.99, but Square Enix reached out to DualShockers with a clarification, mentioning that the price point for was listed erroneously, and the actual final price remains undetermined.
At the moment, we don’t know what the actual price will be, but we’re likely to hear about it sometime soon.
The Royal Pack will include plenty of new features, which you can find listed below.
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
We’ll be sure to let you know the new price for the Royal Pack as soon as it is announced.
Yesterday we also saw more of the Windows Edition, that will finally bring the game to PC via Steam, Origin and the Windows 10 Store, with the same features as the Royal Edition. The game will also receive an update on January 21st, which will include the ability to spar against Aranea Highwind and more.