Today Square Enix made a few interesting announcements about the upcoming Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition.
First of all, a demo of the game will be released on February 26th on Steam, Origin, and Windows store.
We also get an update bout all the pre-order and purchase bonuses that will be distributed to those who will grab the game on any of those marketplaces, and the bonus for the Steam version might make the hearts of some skip a beat.
- From now until May 1, players who purchase or pre-purchase the game from STEAM will receive the Half-Life® Pack, which features:
- In-game costume for Noctis based on Gordon Freeman, star of the legendary Half-Life first-person video game series including the HEV Suit, Scientist Glasses and Crowbar
- The Half-Life Pack will also available for FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES
- Players who pre-order the game from STEAM will receive the bonus “FFXV Fashion Collection” containing a selection of T-shirts for Noctis to wear, including:
- The strength-enhancing EPISODE GLADIOLUS Tee
- The HP recovery rate-increasing EPISODE PROMPTO Tee
- The critical hit rate-increasing EPISODE IGNIS Tee
- The maximum HP-increasing COMRADES Tee
- Players who pre-order the game from Origin will receive the bonus “FFXV Decal Selection,” containing an array of colorful decals for the Regalia car celebrating Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis, along with the men and women of the Kingsglaive.
*Details regarding the early purchase bonuses for Origin will be announced at a later time.
- Players who pre-order the game from the Microsoft Store will receive the bonus “FFXV Powerup Pack,” containing Dodanuki, a sleek sword created by a legendary bladesmith that reduces enemy defense with each slash. The pack also includes 10 phoenix downs and 10 elixirs.
On top of this we also hear the Xbox One version of Final Fantasy XV will be cross-save compatible with the Windows Store version of the Windows Edition, and a post-launch update will enable cross-play compatibility in the Comrades multiplayer expansion.
We also got new screenshots, and a look at the Half-life bonuses, which you can see below.
Final Fantasy XV is currently available on PS4 and Xbox One and will launch on PC on March 6th, alongside the Royal Edition consoles. If you want to see more, you can check out a trailer for each, and a batch of 4K screenshots, and some rather insane images taken thanks to Nvidia Ansel in the recently-released benchmark of the Windows Edition. In case you can’t run the benchmark on your own PC, you can also enjoy a video.
In case you feel in a lovey-dovey mood, you can also check out the cute pictures Square Enix shared on Valentine’s Day.