Fire Emblem: Three Houses New Update Features Maid Costumes, Recruitable Anna, and Animal Feeding
Fire Emblem: Three Houses gets a brand new update that introduces maid/butler costumes, new recruitable characters, and feeding animals.
Nintendo America revealed the patch notes for the most recent Fire Emblem: Three Houses update, Version 1.1.0. Among all the quality of life changes, the biggest ones are the butler and maid costumes for each of the characters, Shopkeeper Anna being recruitable for those who purchased the expansion pass, the addition of a recruitable Jeriza in Edelgard’s Red Flower route, and the free update which upgrades the game with 25 save slots.
There are also some additional quests in Fire Emblem: Three Houses that include new activities such as the sauna, feeding cats and dogs, and recruiting new Battalions. You can check out the screenshots below provided by Nintendo Japan, which show off some of the changes:
As of the end of October, Fire Emblem: Three Houses has sold over 2.29 million copies and is on track to becoming the best selling in the franchise. There’s a new accolades trailer that tells you why it’s a must play game (besides tea parties of course). And the UK clearly agree, as it reached the top of the charts for the second straight week. In a recent interview from Famitsu, it was revealed that the majority of Fire Emblem: Three Houses‘ development team came from Koei Tecmo.
Nintendo released new trailers and a beautiful piece of official artwork to celebrate the launch. The game also has an Expansion Pass and Amiibo and online features. The game will receive a free update later on which will add Lunatic Mode. Check out our glowing review of Fire Emblem: Three Houses game here. And if it makes you interested, you can order the standard version here and the limited edition set here.
And for a little fun, check out this hack that lets you host a Tea Party with Death Knight, Sothis, Jeralt, or even yourself. Unfortunately Rhea wasn’t able to be included, despite the hacker’s best efforts.
You can find the full patch notes posted below:
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released November 8, 2019)
- New and Updated Features
- Increased the number of save files from 5 to 25. Note: Increased number of save files will require approximately 12MB of additional system memory space. If you don’t have enough space, you can delete some application data or images saved in the album.
- Added a new option, In Battle, in Appearance Options, allowing the player to select the monastery outfits for battle as well.
- Note: You can set this from the Unit Appearance menu in Personal Quarters.
- Note: Depending on the outfit/character/class combination, some outfits may not be reflected for mounted units.
- Added feature that allows players to hide the UI when viewing a character in Unit Appearance.
- Added new allies that will join in Part 2: Crimson Flower.
- Changed the song that plays in the opening movie to the Korean version when the system language is set to Korean.
- Added additional quests and new outfits (Servants Attire, Summer Wear, and Evening Wear) from the Expansion Pass.
- Note: Additional quests include new activities, such as the sauna, feeding cats and dogs, and recruiting new battalions.
- Note: Additional quests are marked with a light-blue icon during Exploration.
- Note: New outfits (Servants Attire, Summer Wear, and Evening Wear) are provided for the protagonist and for the playable characters. They can be selected via Personal Quarters in the monastery.
- Added an additional element of the Expansion Pass, making Anna available for recruiting in the monastery after the third chapter, Mutiny in the Mist.
- Note: Anna can participate in battles and activities.
- Note: Anna does not have Support relationships.
- Note: Recruiting Anna unlocks a new paralogue after a certain chapter.
- Note: It’s possible to set Anna as a traveler, but the recipient cannot recruit her as an Adjutant unless they also own the Expansion Pass.
- Note: If a player has not purchased the Expansion Pass, only one of the new characters in the Expansion Pass can visit as a traveler.
- Added Gifts for Dogs and Cats to the viewable rankings during the loading screen and the calendar screen while playing online.
- Fixed a bug that accidentally turned students who aren’t from the protagonist’s house into allies in Chapter 1: Three Houses.
- Fixed a Ver.1.0.2 bug that caused an unintended sound to play at the beginning of Chapter 1: Three Houses (“The Academy “in the Movie Gallery) when the language is set to English.
- Fixed a bug that caused Dimitri’s face to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a support conversation event from happening when certain inputs were made after increasing Support levels while exploring the monastery.
- Fixed a bug that did not display the upward arrow during the Choir Festival day (though the bonus was still being added, despite the missing arrows).
- Fixed a bug that displayed an incorrect stage name screen sometimes during the screen transitions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze when talking to a character in the monastery on rare occasions.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly displayed the character HP when selecting Convoy during battle.
- Fixed a bug that set the Adjutant Follow-Up activation rate lower than intended for certain Support levels.
- Changed the item the sniper holds from Spear to Silver Bow in the final episode of Part 2: Crimson Flower on Maddening difficulty.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes showed blank epilogues.
- Revised some text.
- Improved gameplay by addressing a few additional bugs.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.