Fire Pro Wrestling World Launches in Early Access Today on Steam; Watch Over an Hour of Livestreamed Gameplay
Spike Chunsoft hosted a special livestream for their retro-wrestling title Fire Pro Wrestling World, coming to PlayStation 4a and PC-via Steam later this year.
The special Fire Pro Wrestling World livestream was to show early gameplay footage of the title that is currently still in development. However, Fire Pro Wrestling fans who want to be part of that development and make the game better can participate in Steam’s early access program, which launches on July 10 at 6pm PDT for $19.99.
During the livestream, Director Tomoyuki Matsumoto answers fan questions while he goes head to head with Spike Chunsoft’s PR David Kracker. The two participate in multiple fights and show off the game’s in-depth menus and modes.
As for the early access version of the game, the developer outlines their plans for the early access program:
- Why Early Access? – “Customization is a key component in the Fire Pro series. Our initial goal was to recreate the classic gameplay and key editing features. From here we can have users help customize the game!”
- Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access? – “A few months, depending on the scope of feedback.”
- How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version? – “More robust editing tools and additional game modes/match options.”
- What is the current state of the Early Access version? – “Fully playable with online matchmaking and basic editing tools to create custom wrestlers/belts/referees/rings/logos.”
- Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access? – “Early Access users will enjoy a lower price. We’re still considering the final release price.”
- How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process? – “Let us know what features you would like to see implemented! Edit Mode can be daunting for new players. We’re counting on Fire Pro vets to help the community unlock the full potential of the toolset!”
If you’d like to know more, check out our interview with Matsumoto-san where we discuss how he got Spike Chunsoft to allow him to direct the newest Fire Pro Wrestling title and more.
You can watch over an hour of gameplay below: