First FIFA 17 Update Released on PS4 and Xbox One, Brings Numerous Gameplay Changes
The first update for FIFA 17 released for PC players a few days ago, however, now the update has finally arrived on PS4 and Xbox One.
Here are the full patch notes detailing the issues that have been addressed:
- A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
- A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
- Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
- An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
- Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
- Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
- Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks improved.
- Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
- An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
- Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
- General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
- Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
- Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
- Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.
- Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
- Addressed an issue where a player’s customized facial features did not display properly in game.
- FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
- Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
- Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics
- Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.
- Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
- Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
- The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
- Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn’t the one used in-game.
- Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
- Addressed an issue where the fog from a player’s breath was detached from their position.
- General overlay fixes.
I bounced off FIFA 17 way harder than any FIFA before it. Normally, I make it a few months before my passion to play it dwindles away. This time I only made it two weeks. After a few more updates, hopefully the game will be better, and I will be able to return to one of my favorite franchises.