First-Person Arena Shooter JackHammer Announced; Trailer Released
JackHammer is a first-person shooter where players will be tasked with playing a futuristic version of dodgeball.
Today Green Man Gaming Publishing, which is behind the upcoming Aporia: Beyond the Valley, and developer Mission Ctrl Studios, a brand new team comprised of only two people, announced their brand new first person shooter titled JackHammer.
In the game, which is powered by Unreal Engine 4, you’ll play as a robot in a game of hardcore, futuristic dodgeball. Reflexes and your reaction time are essential in winning a match, as you’ll be launching each ball, called MurderBalls, at other players, all with some sweet EDM music in the background. Players will be able to customize each of their robots, however the extent of the customization is unknown.
You can check out a full features list for the game below:
- High-octane multiplayer future sports in purpose-built combat arenas
- Fully customizable robotic armors allow you to create your own unique combatant
- Blast, shunt and grapple your way through online rankings and prove your mettle
- Hone your skills and prove your mastery with trick shots, rebounds and superhuman agility.
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4 – demolishing 900 pound robots never felt so good!
- A pumping electronic soundtrack provides the score for robot slaying arena action.
One of the developer two developers at Mission Ctrl Studios, named Tom, had this to say about the game:
“JackHammer is a project driven by a love for high-octane, skill-based games. Bringing our game to PC is a hugely exciting step, and we look forward to engaging with players and continuing to develop JackHammer into a truly unique experience”
Mission Ctrl Studios also released the first trailer, as well as some screenshots for the game in order to celebrate its announcement. You can check them both out at the end of the article.
JackHammer will be available on Steam, Green Man Gaming, and Humble, and will enter early-access sometime before the end of 2017. As of the time of this writing, it’s unknown when the game will officially launch.