Flinthook Launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 18, 2017; New Trailer Released
Today, Montreal-based developer Tribute Games (Mercenary Kings developer) announced that its highly anticipated fast action-platformer, Flinthook, is set to release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 18, 2017.
For those that don’t know, Flinthook was first announced back in March of 2016, and quickly became one of the most hotly anticipated indies thanks to very positive trade show buzz from press and gamers alike.
The game is said to be inspired by titles such as Spelunky and Rogue Legacy. It’s a fast action-platformer with “roguelike” elements. In it, you become space’s greatest pirate fighting through a variety of randomly-assembled spaceships for treasure, loot and fame, all with your handy hookshot, pistol and slowmo powers.
Here’s a rundown of its features from the developer itself:
- Zip around with your mighty hookshot! Aim freely and toss your giant anchor at golden rings to propel yourself around the levels at high speeds, giving you the agility and swiftness needed to dodge hazards and enemy bullets.
- Shoot in 360’ through your Blasma Pistol! Take down all sorts of enemies with fresh hot bullets!
- Look really cool with slow-motion powers! Slow down time to adjust your aim or pull off a tight stunt – do it often, it recharges real quickly and it makes you at least 200% cooler.
- Blast through randomly-assembled pirate spaceships! Each level is special, as ships are procedurally built from hundreds of hand-crafted rooms, modified by various variants, filled with extraordinary treasure and populated by random waves of enemies.
- Hunt down the pirate lords of the Cluster Clan! Feed your compass creature to pinpoint the bosses’ location, then take them down and bring your bounty home. Your rivals are no space chumps, make sure you’re ready for the challenge!
- Collect rare relics and powerful perk cards! All the treasure you loot builds up your legend – unlock new equippable perks as you level up, buy permanent upgrades in the Black Market, and hoard collectible relics and lore pages!
- Uncover some mysterious secrets?! I don’t know, are there secrets in this game? O_O
A price point still hasn’t been divulged. However, a new trailer accompanying the announcement has: you can check it out below.
Additionally, you can out check out our very own preview of the game.