Floor Kids Coming to Nintendo Switch Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Revealed
Floor Kids by MERJ is out tomorrow exclusively on Nintendo Switch, according to a surprise announcement. Check out the brand new trailer.
It seems like only yesterday when Nintendo fans got served the announcement of a breakdancing game for Nintendo Switch. Now, in a surprise reveal, Floor Kids will be available tomorrow for US audiences.
First announced at Nintendo’s August Nindies Showcase, Floor Kids is a rhythm-based game centered around street dancing. While an official release date was never revealed for the title, we were given a Holiday 2017 window — so Canadian developer MERJ got out on the market without delay.
According to the original announcement, Floor Kids sports both touch controls and standard controls, as well as single-player and multi-player modes. In the brand new release date trailer (seen below) you can hear a sampling of the music from Baby Driver and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World’s DJ Koala.
More specifically, players can expect the following features:
- Choose from 8 diverse characters, each with their own set of authentic and original moves.
- Find your style with an innovative control system that responds to different rhythms, holds, and combinations.
- Discover over two dozen original music tracks by DJ Kid Koala, each with corresponding rhythm challenges.
- Win over the crowds with a scoring system that rewards musicality, originality, and style.
- Dance at many different locations, either in solo freestyle mode or in local 2-player battles.
As mentioned above, Floor Kids is available tomorrow exclusively for Nintendo Switch at $19.90. Check out the release date reveal trailer below: