Critical Forge, the Indonesian development studio behind Forged of Blood has announced that their Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming Fantasy Turn-based Tactical RPG has gone live. The development studio is looking to raise an additional $106,268 outside of the nearly $400,000 they have already put into Forged of Blood.
There are currently 14 different pledge tiers ranging from $5 all the way up to the most expensive pledge tier starting at $1000. Forged of Blood will be created using Unreal Engine 4, which should be quite the spectacle once the game has finished development and all the shine has been added.
The Kickstarter page has been updated with new gameplay footage, brand new screenshots, and an in depth look at the game’s deep mechanics. Those looking to back this project can do so via Kickstarter.
Here is a quick overview of Forged of Blood.
- Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells in deep turn-based tactical combat against monsters and men.
- Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters the way you want – without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
- Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games. With 60 Effects, 18 Effect Modifiers, and 18 Global Modifiers to choose from, the possibilities for spell crafting are vast.
- Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
- Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
- Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-Axis Personality Plot (TAPP) system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.
Forged of Blood is currently scheduled for a mid 2018 release, initially releasing on PC and hopefully making it to other platforms in the future.