Forged of Blood Is a Tactical RPG Coming to Kickstarter and PAX East
Forged of Blood is a Tactical Fantasy RPG. The developer says that its primary vision has been to create a world with a fate entirely tied to each choice the player makes.
Critical Forge is an indie developer based out of Jakarta, Indonesia, and they sure have been busy preparing for their first game’s debut at PAX East, not to mention a Kickstarter effort soon to be underway.
Forged of Blood will be hitting Kickstarter next week with a goal of $150,000.00. The game is a Tactical Fantasy RPG that has been in development only over the past eight months. Amongst attempting to create a large, vibrant world, and a deeply-layered combat system, Critical Forge has built their game with one primary vision: choice that matters.
Here’s what Critical Forge says players can expect from Forged of Blood:
- Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells in deep turn-based tactical combat against monsters and men.
- Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters the way you want – without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
- Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games. With 60 Effects, 18 Effect Modifiers, and 18 Global Modifiers to choose from, the possibilities for spell crafting are vast.
- Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
- Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
- Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-Axis Personality Plot (TAPP) system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.
PAX East runs from March 10-12. The slice of the game that will be available at PAX East consists of a pre-alpha build of the first questline in the game’s second act. Most of all, the team at Critical Forge wants to show off that they have created truly tactical and fun combat.
Interested in learning more about Forged of Blood? Check out the game’s official website. The developer’s schedule appears to be a release on PC sometime in early 2018.
Below, you can find a gallery of the images Critical Forge has shared with us so far.