Today developer R8 Games announced that its newest game, Formula Fusion, will be launching in less than a week, on June 1st, 2017.
Formula Fusion is a futuristic, fast paced racing game similar in the vein of the WipEout series, where players can upgrade, and equip weapons to be used against other players. Below, you read more about it via an official overview and features list:
Formula Fusion Racing takes the best elements of Wipeout and F Zero X and gives the genre some real bite, taking AG Racing to the next level! The amount of speed you can gain is potentially open-ended; to the point of having an almost warp speed like quality. The game brings together experts in the fields of optimisation and performance, concept art from established film and VFX talent and a thumping soundtrack from international music artists to create a blended visceral sensation like no other!
- 7 themed zones: each containing 3 tracks and a final championship track resulting in 22 variations.
- 10 National racing teams / research institutes: each with different research specialties.
- Branding and graphic design from The Designers Republic – A perfect marriage of style and content.
- Customisable Race Settings.
- New weapon technology: research new technology and adapt your own style of play.
- New game modes and meta-games: including an integrated Zone style mode and garage missions.
- Local split screen and synchronous multiplayer aspect with Replay Ghost.
- Team research garage: craft upgrade mechanic and race analytics through the front end.
- Records, awards and eSPORTS racing leagues (format to be confirmed): through our eSports partner ESL.
- 5 unlockable Craft Classes available at key upgrade/advance stages: including a team specific X-Technology craft.
- Potential VR Integration: for visceral cockpit action.
In addition to the announcement of the release date, a new launch trailer for the title has also been unveiled, you can check it out below.
Formula Fusion will be available on PC, however, the developer has said that console versions could arrive in the future. Currently, the title is a part of Steam’s Early Access program, where it arrived back in 2015.