It’s no secret that developers like to update their games with new features centered around holidays and since developer Epic Games updated the title during Christmas, it should come as no surprise that Fortnite is about to be patched to include Valentine’s Day-themed content.
Probably the most notable addition with V.2.4.2 is the inclusion of a brand new weapon: the crossbow. The best part is that arrows for the weapon will be unlimited, which means that you won’t have to comb through the map to find more. Players will only be able to find Rare and Epic variants but it can be found as both floor loot and in treasure chests.
In addition to the crossbow, players will also be able to unlock two brand new skins, with one allowing you to turn into a statue of an angel, while the other will let you turn into a giant pink teddy bear.
If you want a first look at this new content, we have you covered. Epic Games released both an image of the new skins and weapons, as well as a short video showing off the crossbow in action. You can check them both, and patch notes for the update, at the end of the article.
In other Fortnite news, last week the game received another update which added a new minigun weapon and fixed a number of different bugs.
Fortnite was originally released on July 25, 2017, and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.
- The Shooting Test #1 Limited-Time Mode has been switched to Solo only.
- Known Issue: The Shooting Test does not save progression for stats or challenges.
- Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).
- Scoped Assault Rifle is now 100% accurate when zoomed in.
- Scoped Assault Rifle no longer has damage fall-off.
- Players will no longer slide off rooftops.
- Fix for Item Shop panels disappearing after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
- Fix for collision inconsistencies in certain basement corners.
- Fixed a hole in the terrain south of Retail Row.
- Removed harsh high-frequency sound from the Chomp Jr pickaxe.
- This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
- Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
- This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants.
Aim for the 💜 pic.twitter.com/2TVMkUMELf
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) February 7, 2018