Fortnite Creative Update 16.40: Surfboard Hotfix, Race Manager, Boats
Creative mode receives Surfboard, Boats, and Summer-themed items.
The Fortnite surfboard is the latest addition to the roster of the Creative mode vehicles. Set up your desired races based on more new vehicles with more control over the race settings, thanks to a new tool.
Today, Epic Games rolled out a brand new update for Fortnite, adding dozens of new items, challenges, and cosmetics to the main Battle Royale mode.
- MORE FROM FORTNITE: How to Get Lara Croft Gold Skin
Furthermore, the developer has also deployed a new update for Creative mode, which brings new Summer-themed vehicles such as the Fortnite Surfboard, Boats, Fishing Zone, and a new Race Manager tool. Create your unique boat races, fishing competitions, and surfboard trick courses.
The Race Manager tool will allow you to design Time Trial and Circuit-based races while recording race laps, completion time, and the fastest time.
Fortnite Creative Update v16.40 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to rapidly edit with a blueprint out.
- We have made a material adjustment to all Grid Islands to improve the visual clarity of grid lines and surface area. The new flat material has less noise compared to the older concrete material and projects less light reflections.
- Removed the older Flat Grid Hub, Floating Island Hub and Grassy Hill Hub from the Island Create Menu since we have shifted to a new hub and portal layout.
- Fixed an issue where “Details” and “Back” buttons overlapped in the Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Recent Islands list did not update.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with some floors in the Coral Castle Center Prefab not loading the material correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the full roof assets from Coral Castle Prefabs & Gallery would not display a health bar when damaged or take damage from weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the snow piles from the Ice House Prefabs & Gallery showing a one-sided texture.
Device and Item Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the Health Powerup device did not fully drop to the floor when enlarged.
- Fixed an issue where the Baller’s Grappler pulled vehicles towards the Baller instead of the other way round.
There’s also a Summer Creator Callout event as well. Inviting players to share their Summer-themed creative maps and modes and acquire a place among the best. Visit here for more information.
Fortnite is available for free on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC. In the case of mobile phones, you can still download the Android version of Fortnite through the game’s official website. However, the iOS version is out of reach.