Fortnite DreamHack Open October 2021 Start Time & How To Register
The DreamHack Open Tournament returns to Fortnite!
Fortnite’s popular DreamHack Open Tournament is returning for Chapter 2 Season 8, and it’s expected to be the biggest tournament yet.
Epic Games is giving Fortnite fans plenty to jump into over the course of October, as DreamHack isn’t the only ongoing event/tournament keeping players busy. For the whole month of October, Fortnitemares is back with new Halloween-themed skins and more.
But before you get in the Halloween spirit, it’s time to put your game face on. Here’s everything you need to know about the next Fortnite DreamHack Open Tournament for October 2021.
- READ MORE: All New Fortnite Skins For Fortnitemares 2021
What Is The Fortnite DreamHack Open Tournament?
DreamHack returns to Fortnite this October, and for those that don’t know what the DreamHack Tournament is, here’s what you need to know. The tournament is open to the public and completely free for anyone who thinks they can take on some of the best Fortnite players in their region.
The Fortnite DreamHack Open Tournament will be for Duo teams only and take place from October 7th to October 10th.
- Open qualifiers with 500 duos advancing from each to the semifinals
- Each duo can play a maximum of 10 games during the 3 hour time slot
- Semis with 500-1,500 duos and 50 duos advancing to the Grand final. Each duo can play a maximum of 10 games during the 3 hour time slot
- Grand Final with 6 consecutive games at the scheduled times. A new game starts every 35 minutes
It’s important to note that 2FA must be enabled on your Epic Games account if you want to compete. For the full list of start times and how to play, see the section below.
- READ MORE: Where to Find the Fortnite Dual Fiend Hunters in Fortnitemares 2021
Fortnite DreamHack October Start Time
The October Fortnite DreamHack Tournament will be split between two regions, EU and NA East. Check out the start times and dates for each region below:
- Heats 1 & 2 = October 7th at 5PM – 12AM CEST (1hr break at 8PM CEST)
- Heat 3 = October 8th at 6PM – 9PM CEST
- Semis = October 9th at 7PM – 10PM CEST
- Finals = October 10th at 4PM – 9PM CEST
NA East (EST)
- Heats 1 & 2 = October 7th at 5PM – 12AM EST (1hr break at 8PM EST)
- Semis = October 8th at 7PM – 10PM EST
- Finals = October 9th at 4PM – 9PM EST
For more details on the Fortnite DreamHack Open Tournament, head to their official website.
How To Register and Play In The Fortnite DreamHack Open Tournament
Follow the steps below if you want to participate in the October Fortnite DreamHack Tournament.
- Open Fortnite on your platform of choice
- Navigate to the Compete tab
- Scroll through the options until you find the tournament hosted by DreamHack
- Select the Tournament and begin playing
Remember to enable 2FA or you will be unable to play in the tournament. For more details, read the DreamHack FAQ.
Cash Cup Extra Results
Alongside the main event, there was a DreamHack Cash Cup Extra which took place on October 6, with a prize pool of over $5000.
The winners of this were the trio team of LG Jamper, Xtra Deyy and Tragix who scooped a cool $2100. Skqttles, C9 nosh and TNG Nut came second and DeRoller, Speguu and Stawhat Charlie third.