Fortnite Vaults Drum Gun, Adds Surpressed Assault Rifle in Latest Patch
The version 5.40 patch for Fortnite vaulted the popular Drum Gun while introducing a new Suppressed Assault Rifle in its place.
With a new update for Fortnite comes several changes and additions, but fans of the Drum Gun will be disappointed to learn that their beloved weapon has been removed for the time being. On the other hand, the battle royale mode has added a new Suppressed Assault Rifle.
The Drum Gun was essentially a hybrid SMG and rifle added to the game back in July and quickly became popular due to its high damage and firing rate. Aesthetically, the weapon looks like it was pulled straight out of an old-timey gangster film.
Meanwhile, the Suppressed Assault Rifle favors precision over rapid-fire—players are likely encouraged to use the weapon for stealth situations over frantic gunplay. The patch also adds new Mythic Outlander Field Agent Rio to the Battle Royale mode and fixes some issues with the new Getaway Limited Time Mode.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY
- Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
- Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
- Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
- Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
- Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
- Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Suppressed Assault Rifle Added.
- Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision.
- Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary Variants.
- 32/33 damage per shot.
- Vaulted Drum Gun
- Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
- More details here.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge 6 is now available:
- This week, deploy your portable Fort against hordes of assassin Husks – and players have no shields!
- Earn Field Agent Rio for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- New Mythic Outlander – Field Agent Rio, has been added to the Weekly Horde Challenge.
- Features new Subclass – Rook
- New Perk – Phase Cannon: Phase Shifting empowers the equipped ranged weapon causing the next shot fired to shoot a Phase projectile which pierces enemies and deals 60 base energy damage. Switching or holstering weapons removes the effect.
- Mythic Ninja: Bladestorm Enforcer no longer appears distorted to other clients at certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Wraith Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
A silenced assault rifle with excellent headshot damage that maintains impressive accuracy when fired in controlled bursts.
Equipped with a suppressor that greatly reduces the distance that enemies hear gunshots.
Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET.
Keep an eye out on more information regarding Fortnite’s Fall Skirmish event.