Fortnite Hotfix Update & Patch Notes Today (January 13)
Weapon changes are included in today's Fortnite update!
A brand new hotfix update for Fortnite was deployed earlier today (January 13) with some important weapon changes and adjustments.
The update is live on all supported platforms and doesn’t require players to download a new patch as the changes have been made in-game. Although a big content update is expected when v19.10 arrives on January 18th, it looks like Epic Games couldn’t wait to get these weapon adjustments out.
Here’s everything you need to know surrounding the January 13 Fortnite hotfix update, including the official patch notes.
- READ MORE: Fortnite PlayStation Cup Start Time, Rules, and How To Register & Play
Fortnite January 13th Hotfix Update Patch Notes
It was previously revealed by Epic Games that some new weapon changes would be going live today (January 13), revolving around the Stinger SMG, MK-Seven Assault Rifle, and the Automatic Shotgun.
The update is now live in-game and according to the Fortnite Status Twitter account, the following changes have been implemented:
- Decreased Stinger SMG damage
- Slightly decreased MK-Seven Assault Rifle damage
- Increased Auto Shotgun reload speed
- READ MORE:
For those that are after specific values included in today’s weapon balancing update, Twitter user FN_Assist has revealed the exact changes made:
- Stinger SMG Damage Increased
- PREVIOUSLY = 18,19,20,21,22,24
- UPDATED TO = 16,17,18,19,20,22
- MK Seven Assault Rifle Damage Decreased
- PREVIOUSLY = 21,22,23,24,25,26
- UPDATED TO = 20,21,22,23,24,25
- Auto Shotgun Reloaded Time Decreased
- PREVIOUSLY = 8.8, 8.4, 8, 7.6, 7.2, 6.8 (s)
- UPDATED TO = 6.2, 6, 5.7, 5.4, 5.1, 4.8 (s)
Alongside these weapon adjustments, iFireMonkey has reported that some changes were made to the new tornadoes that were added just a few days ago. Following today’s hotfix, the following adjustments were made to tornadoes:
- Max Vehicles in Tornadoes: 1 > 2
- Max “Physics Objects” in Tornadoes: 50 >75
No other changes have been reported for the January 13 Fortnite update, but there are some new challenges now available in-game and a fresh content update is expected to arrive at the beginning of next week.