Fortnite Servers Down and Update v18.10 Patch Notes Today (September 28)
The first content update for Chapter 2: Season 8 arrives today!
A brand new Fortnite update is set to be deployed later today (September 28), but will unfortunately come with some server downtime to get things ready for v18.10.
Whilst you wait for the Fortnite servers to come back online, check out all the details you need on v18.10, including the official patch notes and when you can expect the game’s servers to come back online.
- READ MORE: What Date Do Fortnite Arena Points Reset In Chapter 2: Season 8?
When Will Fortnite Servers Be Back Up?
UPDATE: The Fortnite servers are now back online and v18.10 is available. Expect full patch notes to follow shortly.
ORIGINAL STORY: The Fortnite Status Twitter account has revealed that the game’s servers will be taken offline at 1AM PT / 4AM ET / 9AM BST to perform scheduled maintenance in order to prepare for the release of v18.10.
Although it has not been detailed how long the servers will be down, previous updates have seen the Fortnite servers offline for around 2-3 hours. We expect v18.10 to follow a similar pattern. As soon as the Fortnite servers are back up, we will update this article.
Once downtime has been completed, players will be required to download a new patch before they can jump back into Fortnite. Which the developers have noted will be slightly larger than normal for those on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
- READ MORE: Where to Find Birthday Cakes and Presents in Fortnite
Fortnite v18.10 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the September 28 Fortnite update, which is now available on all supported platforms.
NEW CHUG SPLASH FLAVOR: CHILI CHUG SPLASH
Staying on top of the IO 24/7 takes A LOT of energy… which is why the new Chug Splash flavor couldn’t have come at a better time.
The Chug Splash people just dropped Chili Chug Splash, Chug Splash with a kick. It restores Health and Shield like you’d expect, but it also gives you such an energy boost it’ll give you a speed boost too. Think of eating a Spicy Fish or a Pepper. (Or don’t think of it. The Chili Chug Splash tastes just like them…) And hey, since it’s a Chug Splash, you can share the kick with others too. Get your squads’ feet and nose running.
Chili Chug Splashes are Exotic. Exchange Bars with The Brat for some or find some in Loot Llamas.
SPLASH THE OG CHUG SPLASH AND WEAR THE HUNTER’S CLOAK
Alongside the debut of Chili Chug Splash, the original Chug Splash has been re-released. It may not have that kick, but the Health and Shield nutritional value is all the same. (It’s also much easier on the taste buds.) Being the Chug Splash the Island knows and loves, you can pick some up as normal loot.
It’s really difficult to sneak around when a wolf is thinking I’m their food. That shouldn’t be an issue anymore, though, because — speaking of things returning — the Island has collectively remembered how to make a Hunter’s Cloak. Craft a Hunter’s Cloak by combining Meat. (It’s honestly kind of gross, but it does take less Meat than it did before.)
IF YOU’RE STOPPING BY STEAMY STACKS…
Something weird I noticed: there’s a big hole at Steamy Stacks. Was there an accident on the job? Did something… escape from the ground?
Could be something for you to investigate.
What else is new in Fortnite Battle Royale in v18.10:
SUPER LEVEL STYLES AND XP IMPROVEMENTS
The Cubes have corrupted even the Battle Pass! (But in a good way.) Bonus Styles for Chapter 2 Season 8 Outfits have been available for players who progress past Level 100. But now: this Season’s Super Level Styles have been added! Progress past Level 140 this Season and start unlocking new runic Styles for Charlotte, Kor, Fabio Sparklemane, J.B. Chimpanski, and Torin.
To help you get there, we’ve made improvements to XP earned through Battle Royale:
- XP earned from your Daily Punchcard missions has been greatly increased.
- We’ve added XP to all Shared Quests. (They still reward Bars too.)
- All new and future Character Punchcards have substantially increased XP rewards.
- Weekly Punchcard XP has been slightly reduced. This was done to lessen the setback of not completing them.
TOONA FISH CANVAS: NEW STYLES TO UNLOCK!
New Toona Fish Quest Styles have been added! Ink up your Toona Fish with new Styles inspired by even more of your favorite Fortnite characters. Complete themed Quests to copy Mancake’s drip, resemble regular Fishstick, and more. With 20 new styles to collect immediately (and one we can’t talk about just yet), there’s a ton more options to color Toona Fish your way!
- Slipstreams will disable at the final Storm circle in core playlists.
- Slipstreams will disable at phase 5 of the Storm in competitive playlists.
- Chug Cannons are no longer available from Loot Llamas. In the Chug Cannons’ place are the spicy Chili Chug Splashes.
- In competitive playlists, Sideways Anomalies will despawn earlier than they did previously.
- The Rail Gun has been removed from competitive playlists.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue involving vehicles taking heavy damage when colliding with Mothership wreckage pieces.
- Fixed an issue involving Donation Boards displaying items in English even when another language was selected.
- Fixed an issue involving voice chat on Nintendo Switch not connecting to party chat after the player left and rejoined the party.