A few days ago Epic Games was having major problems with Fortnite, and after attempting to fix the problem for hours, they finally decided to shut down the servers temporarily in order to completely fix it. Now, the servers are back up and players have to download a new patch, and it seems to put an end to a ton of annoying bugs.
While the patch is pretty extensive, some highlights include fixes to broken sprint animations when firing a Guided Missile, rare crashes when logging out, PS4 players leaving a party after matches, login queue problems and more.
In addition to that, V-Bucks will now be shared across Xbox One, PC, and Mobile, however, there’s no news on whether or not PlayStation players will be able to take advantage of that feature.
Players should be able to download the new update right now on the platform of their choosing. You can check out the full list of patch notes, straight from Epic Games, at the end of the article.
Fortnite was released in early access form last year and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC, iOS, and Android devices.
- ‘Building Edit’ hotkey can be bound to keys other than ‘G’.
- Fixed an issue where players could fire weapons before the equip animation had finished if they were sprinting.
- Fixed several client crashes that were related to the new Replay System.
- Fixed an issue that broke player’s walking / sprinting animations if they were firing a Guided Missile while walking/sprinting.
SAVE THE WORLD
- We’re changing the Mini-Boss Mission Alerts for Canny and Twine back to their pre v3.5 state.
- ‘Repair the Shelter’ objective now activates when you interact with the control panel rather than be based on proximity to the objective.
- Granted all players two free Spring Llamas (can be found in the Loot tab).
- We’ve changed the way we convert event tickets. Players get 1 event Llama per 1000 tickets and 1 Llama for any tickets left over.
- (Example) If you have 5 tickets left at the end of the event, you still get 1 free event Llama.
- Wood, Stone, and Metal resources will now always be the first items in the inventory list (e.g. instead of Traps).
- Purchased V-Bucks are now shared between Xbox One, PC and Mobile.
- Login Queue Improvements:
- During wait periods, login will now remember your place in line if you quit out of the game and return.
- Mobile devices will not enter the login queue more than once per login attempt.
- Two-Factor Authentication challenges will not put you back into the login queue.
Adjusted the Login screen layout to better support varying screen sizes and safe zones.
Fixed a rare crash that occurred during logout.
Fixed PS4 players leaving their party after a match where they are playing with players on other platforms.
Fixed Survivor and Hero squads being locked after switching to Save the World from Battle Royale.
On PC, fixed PS4 controllers showing Xbox buttons, even after the controller type was changed in the settings.
Fixed rare cases in which character parts would stretch unnaturally.
- (Example) Ears of the Rabbit Raider outfit.
Fixed the inability to rotate elements in the Battle Royale Locker after buying a Llama
Save the World.