Fortnite Update v6.02 Adds a New Rocket Launcher and Disco Game Mode
The latest update for Fornite has arrived and in addition to the usual slew of bug fixes and general updates, a new item and game mode have been added.
Disco Domination is the new limited-time mode that is hitting the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite. This 50v50 matchup will force players to run around Fortnite’s island in the pursuit to find dance floors to then emote upon. One you and your team activate enough dance emotes on the dance floor, you capture that objective for your team and move onto the next. It sounds pretty goofy but fits in line with what we’ve come to expect from Fornite. No end date for when Disco Domination will disappear from the game has been provided just yet.
As for this patch’s new weapon, the Quad Launcher is a new variant of the rocket launcher and allows you to shoot four rockets one after the other. You can see this new item in the featured image above and it will be available in both Epic and Legendary varieties.
The full patch notes for update v6.02 are listed below if you’d like to read them in their entirety for yourself.
- We addressed a disk performance issue on Xbox One which was causing buildings and cosmetics to load in slowly. This will also reduce load times.
Please note: This fix will result in a larger patch download than usual (around 10GB).
LIMITED TIME MODE: DISCO DOMINATION
- Two teams of fifty players.
- Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
- Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
- Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
- The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
- Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.
- The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
- It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
- Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
- This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Quad Launcher
- Fire up to four lobbed rockets in quick succession.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 80/84 base damage per rocket.
- 300 unit explosion radius.
- Can be found in chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- The Port-a-Fortress has returned and can be looted in-game.
- Port-a-Fortress availability lowered from 2.43% to 1.83%.
- Loot drop rate adjustments
- Decreased common Pistol drop chance from 5.8% to 5.47%
- Increased Epic Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.42%
- Decreased Rare Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.92% to 0.71%
- Increased Epic Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.4%
- Increased Legendary Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.07% to 0.13%
- Decreased Rare Grenade Launcher drop chance from 1.45% to 0.99%
- Increased Epic Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.59% to 0.66%
- Increased Legendary Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.08% to 0.21%
- Increased Epic Guided Missile drop chance from 0.11% to 0.2%
- Increased Legendary Guided Missile drop chance from 0.03% to 0.05%
- Removed a change that was inadvertently introduced in v6.01 which caused Bonesy to bark more than was intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused moving circles to be closer to the previous safezone than intended.
- Fixed some hitches on Switch caused by blocking loads of UI data.
- Increased the texture pool size on Xbox One, which should avoid some issues with blurry textures and improve rendering performance.
- Skull Trooper styles have a visual issue when viewing the Outfit from the Locker.
- The Outfit still appears properly in-game.
- This issue will be fixed next patch.
Save the World
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Noble Launcher has returned to the Weekly Store.
- Heavy launcher that fires a wave of piercing energy.
- Can be fired normally for a narrow half tile wide pulse, or charged for a 1 tile wide or 1.5 tile wide blast.
- Available Wednesday, Oct 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time until Wednesday, Oct 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
Vindertech Disintegrator Shotgun has returned and is available in the Weekly Store.
Energy shotgun that fires an explosive ball of plasma, dealing high damage in a small area.
Available Wednesday, Oct 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time until Wednesday, Oct 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.