Fortnite v1.9.1 Update Released; Includes New Features, Bug Fixes, and More
Fortnite v1.9.1 has been officially released, and it adds smoke grenades and leaderboards for the Battle Royale mode and new weapons for the base game.
Ever since the early access version of Fortnite launched a few months ago, developers Epic Games and People Can Fly have constantly added new content, including the game’s, now incredibly popular, Battle Royale mode, and Fortnitemares Halloween Event. It doesn’t seem like that’s changing anytime soon as v1.9.1 of the game has officially been revealed, and while it’s certainly not a major update, it does make some new content available.
First and foremost, smoke grenades are finally making their way into Fortnite Battle Royale. They act just like they do in every other game: creating a small plum of smoke to obscure vision. They can be found in both containers and randomly around the world. Leaderboards will also, finally, be introduced to the popular survival mode.
In addition to that, nine new weapons will be added to the main game. While it’s unknown what each of these weapons will do, you can check out an image of each of these weapons at the end of the article.
Finally, a number of different bugs were also fixed, including animations on certain weapons, fall damage problems, and more.
The early access version of Fortnite was released on July 25, 2017, and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can check out the full list of fixes below:
- Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- The original Rocket Launcher has replaced the Pumpkin Launcher.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.
- Removed the black artifacts that appear while sprinting on Xbox One.
- Fixed an Xbox One only issue which prevented players from logging in if they signed out and quickly signed back into their Xbox One live account in-game.
- If a friend fails to join the party, they will no longer appear to be in party via the PS4 profile and friend’s status.
- Mutant Storms
- The Fortnitemares event has ended and Mutant Storms have returned!
- For every 500 unspent Halloween tickets you will receive a Halloween llama, available in the loot tab.
- Fight the storm and earn tickets from missions up to 10 times per day.
- New Event Quests specific to Mutant Storms have been added.
- Vindertech Weapons
- Pulsar – Accurate burst assault rifle.
- Burster – Pistol that fires powerful 3-shot bursts.
- Blazer – Rapid-fire machine pistol.
- Disintegrator – Shotgun that fires balls of plasma.
- Jolter – Energy sniper rifle.
- Blaster – Powerful scoped heavy pistol.
- Slammer – High-speed rocket hammer.
- Sever – Light energy axe with a fast attack speed.
- Slicer – Medium energy sword.
- Players can loot these weapons from event quests and event llamas.
- The amount of Storm Tickets given out by Mutant Storms will now be consistent across all hexes of the same difficulty level.
- Updated the Zapper pistol projectile to no longer inherit the velocity of the character wielding it.
- This weapon is now more reliable and accurate.
- Fixed an issue which caused some of green hexes to not award XP.
- Updated Rocket Hammer descriptions to be consistent across all rarities and tiers.
- Improved controller navigation in the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ninja icons to be tiny.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when closing the game.