Fortnite’s v3.4 Content Update Adds Vending Machines, An Easter Egg Launcher, and More
Fortnite gets a new update that provides Battle Royale players with loot Vending Machines, while Save the World gets an Easter Egg-throwing new weapon.
In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past several months, Fortnite has been dominating the world on consoles, PC, and iOS, and now the game’s latest update will ensure that are still plenty of surprises in store.
Epic Games has provided a new content update for Fortnite with update v3.4, which will begin a trend of content updates every other week in-game, while more extensive game changes and updates will be rolled out on the other weeks.
Notably, this update integrates new Vending Machines for the Battle Royale mode that provides players with randomized items and loot on various locations across the island with three different deals that offer items at different rarities and value.
Alongside Vending Machines in Battle Royale, Epic also revealed that the game’s Save the World mode will be getting a new Easter Egg Launcher weapon that provides some “egg-splosive” ammunition against enemy players in-game.
Fortnite is available now on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and iOS. For a closer look at what’s in store for the game’s newest update, you can check out the full patch notes for the v3.4 update below:
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Vending Machines have been added.
- These are found in various locations around the map.
- Each Vending Machine will randomly select a rarity. All items sold will match that rarity.
- Items found in a Common (white) version will cost 100 materials.
- Items found in a Uncommon (green) version will cost 200 materials.
- Items found in a Rare (blue) version will cost 300 materials.
- Items found in a Epic (purple) version will cost 400 materials.
- Items found in a Legendary (gold) version will cost 500 materials.
- Each Vending Machine will sell three items, one for each material type (Wood, Stone, Metal).
- It will cycle through each of the three items on a short timer. To switch items faster, hit the Vending Machine with your Pickaxe.
- There is no purchase limit to the items available.
- Many weapons now have First Shot Accuracy.
- Included weapons:
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Tactical Submachine Gun
- Suppressed Pistol
- Hand Cannon
- Assault Rifle
- Burst Assault Rifle
- When aiming, standing still, and the weapon has not fired recently, the first shot will be 100% accurate.
- When this is active, the aim reticle will be completely closed in to indicate this state.
- Damage fall-off has been adjusted for weapons with First Shot Accuracy.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun and Tactical Submachine Gun
- Fall-off begins at 24 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50 meters.
- Pistol and Suppressed Pistol
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters.
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters.
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Revolver and Hand Cannon
- Fall-off begins at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 70% at 60 meters.
- Damage reduced to 40% at 85 meters.
- Assault Rifle and Burst Assault Rifle
- Fall-off begins at 50 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 75 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 100 meters.
- Headshot damage multiplier reduced to 2x for weapons with First Shot Accuracy (was 2.5x).
- Limited Time Mode: High Explosives v2
- Non-explosive weapons removed.
- Friendly Fire off.
- 1:50 shaved off wait times for first four storms (20s / 30s / 30s / 30s).
- Supply Drops
- Spawn +50% more consumables.
- Spawn +100% more materials.
- Have a 50% chance of dropping a Legendary Guided Missile.
- Floor Loot adjustments
- Materials spawn 60 / 90 / 120 per pickup for wood/stone/metal.
- Materials drop rate increased 50%.
- Ammo drop rate increased 50%.
- Impulse grenade added to floor loot.
- Trap drop rate lowered 50%.
- Other loot adjustments:
- Number of rockets found per drop increased (Floor: 4-6 | Chests: 8 | Supply: 12 | Box: 16 | Llama: 20).
- Grenade, Impulse Grenade & Remote Explosive drop rate +100%.
- Bandages drop rate -50%, Med Kit & Slurp drop rate +50%.
- Spike Trap disabled; Launch Pads & Campfires spawn at 1:1 ratio.
- Rocket Launcher drop rate +100%.
- Guided Missile drop rate +100%.
- Resource gathering rates adjusted.
- Increased most Wood resource values by about 10%.
- Reduced variance of resources from objects. Was +/- 30%, now +/- 15%.
- This meant that an object with a base 100 resource value could have been anywhere between 70 and 130 resources. Now it would give between 85 and 115.
- This does not affect Limited Time Modes.
Save the World
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Easter Egg LauncherNOTE: This will be available starting April 4 at 8pm ET.
Lobs explosive eggs that persist on the ground.
When enemies get close to an egg they detonate after a short delay.
Maximum of 6 eggs active at a time.