Fortnite v4.1 Officially Released; Includes Infinity War Crossover and More
Fortnite v4.1 has been officially released and it fixes a ton of bugs, in addition to adding the highly anticipated Infinity Gauntlet mode.
If you’re excited about Fortnite’s crossover with Avengers: Infinity War like I am, then you may want to go turn on your system now. Developer Epic Games has officially released a brand new update for Fortnite and it, of course, adds the highly anticipated Infinity Gauntlet game mode, amongst other things.
For those that don’t know, the Infinity Gauntlet mode is simple. Around 30 seconds into the match, an Infinity Gauntlet, the legendary weapon featured in the aforementioned Marvel movie, will spawn into the map, and the person who picks it up will become Thanos. After the Mad Titan is killed, he’ll drop the weapon, which will allow for other players to pick it up.
In addition to the new game mode, a number of smaller features were also added, including the ability to join a player’s party even while they are in a match, while the chance of matches ending near the edge of the map has been increased. You can check out the full patch notes from the update, as well as a cool trailer for the Infinity Gauntlet mode, at the end of the article.
Fortnite was officially released last year and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC, as well as iOS and Android devices.
The battle begins now! Drop in solo, then squad up for the movie.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) May 8, 2018
LIMITED TIME MASHUP: INFINITY GAUNTLET
- Take down Thanos, equip the Gauntlet and claim Victory!
- Mashup Details
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- Stats are recorded for this LTM and can be found in the Solo tab.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
- Thanos Details
- Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
- Storm + Map
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
- Increased the likelihood of the final circle ending near the outer areas of the map by 25%.
- Improve the variety of ending scenarios to outside the central region of the map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sprays to camouflage Remote Explosives, Clingers, and Damage Traps.
- Fixed building preview not being rotatable when overlapping an existing building while using a controller.
- Fixed soccer game effects not playing when scoring ⚽.
- Fixed a couple of issues that caused the player camera to position itself under the water in Loot Lake.
- Fixed the collision on the tire stacks so players will bounce when walking into them again.
- Fixed a hole in Dusty Divot that players could get stuck in.
- Fixed an area where players were able to hide under the terrain and damage players from below.
- Fixed an issue that caused Turbo Building to not work properly if the player was holding down the build button before switching to build mode.
- Fixed a chest at the prison that would be empty upon opening it.
- You can now join the party of players that are already in a match.
- Party members in-match will appear holographic in the lobby and will give you time and player count updates.
- Season 4 topics added to the in-game Battle Pass FAQ.
- Removed the loading screen that was displayed when transitioning from the starting island to the Battle Bus.
- Fixed the minimap briefly showing the wrong location after being eliminated.
- Fixed an issue that caused some icons on the UI to misalign after switching in and out of build mode.
- Lowered the volume of Hop Rocks 🔈.
- Lowered the volume of the Valor Glider 🔈.
- Re-added the sound of the Supply Drop’s balloon popping when opened or when shot down.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Allow Background Audio’ setting wouldn’t save.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Jump Pad health bars will now update properly when damaged.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to pick up items that were dropped behind the tires in a Port-A-Fort.
- The Port-A-Fort can no longer destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot.
ART + ANIMATION
- Emotes now perform better on different characters (hands will connect, legs won’t be over-extended, etc.).
- Updated the Banner image for Battle Pass tier 69 to now be correct image.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Royale Flags Back Bling to stretch when previewing it in the Locker.
- Fixed an issue causing character’s helmets to sometimes float above their heads.
- Fixed distant characters not animating properly if they had never been rendered before.
- Fixed characters popping between levels of detail when more than one character was around the same distance away.
- Improved overall frame rate when many characters are visible by optimizing movement and update rates.
- Delayed triggering the “Game Over” HUD, which caused a hitch on death.
- Optimized Spray Paint contrails.
- Optimized content in frontend lobby map.
- Added more logging to get more info on hard-to-reproduce hitches.
- Fixed hitching caused by audio log spam.
- Reduced backend system logging that may have impacted performance.
- Improved async loading time during level streaming by fixing an issue where shrubbery was trying to load but had no mesh.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Replays from saving.
- Temporarily disabled new autorun functionality due to some unintentional actions occurring when using it.
- Optimized memory on mobile to address out-of-memory crashes.
SAVE THE WORLD
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- HackSAW is now in the Weekly Store (available Wednesday, May 9 at 8pm ET).
- A light machine gun variant with a moderate rate of fire, mild recoil, a long reload time, and excellent ammo efficiency.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Shadow Stance’ was not being triggered by ‘Throwing Stars’ or ‘Dragon Slash’ damage.
- Fixed a tooltip issue with ‘Lefty and Righty’ on the abilities tab menu.
- ‘Dragon Slash’ should no longer consume Energy when being cancelled by switching weapons.
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Storm Chests and Salvage the Drone missions no longer grant an item cache.
- These missions cannot drop functional item caches but would appear to drop one that could not be redeemed.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to increase Hero rarity while using controllers.
- Fixed a spelling error in the description for Canny Valley Storm Shield Defense 10.
ART + ANIMATION
- Increased the frost look of Husks which have been damaged by an ice weapon, to better differentiate them from Husks which are Ice Elemental based.
- Lowered the brightness of the glowing elements on Neon Glow weapons.
- Fixed an issue that kept crosshairs of Neon Glow and VinderTech Sniper Rifles from rendering at low resolution settings.
- Fixed an issue where water splashes caused by a Rocket Launcher faced the incorrect direction.
Fixed an issue where the ‘Allow Background Audio’ setting wouldn’t save.