Forza Horizon 3 Gets a Lots of Info on Customization, Variety, Gameplay and More
During Microsoft’s E3 live coverage, Turn 10 Community Lead Brian Ekberg provided quite a lot of information on the upcoming Forza Horizon 3, coming on September 27th for Xbox One and Windows 10.
Here’s a recap for your perusal:
- Forza Horizon 3 has the most diverse world ever created by the Forza team. There are several different eco-types (rain forest, rolling hills, countryside, cities) The map is twice the size of that of Forza Horizon 2.
- Surfers Paradise is in the game.
- They started with a really long list of candidate locations and then they narrowed it. They wanted a place with a lot of variety and natural beauty, and Australia ended up at the top of the list. It’s an iconic place and feels “really right” for Forza Horizon.
- The development team actually went to Australia to capture the essence of the country.
- If you use rewind, the lap isn’t considered clean anymore.
- Previous Forza Horizon games had the Horizon festival and the player is a participant who came in as a rookie with the goal of being the champion. This time the player is the boss of the festival, and his goal is to make it the biggest festival on Earth.
- As the boss, you can customize events, choose the music, hire and fire your friends, Everything is seamlessly adjustable.
- The game will bring over 100 hours of gameplay out of the disk, but with Horizon Blueprint you can make your own events, adding to that number.
- Visual customization options will include special rims and wide body kits. Wide body kits won’t be available on every car, like in the real world.
- Liberty Walk and Rocket Bunny are two of the brands included for wide body kits. ADV.1 is one of the new rim manufacturers. There are over 30 new rim types.
- License plates are appropriate to the country of each car. You can customize them however you like and even put your gamertag in there.
- There will be custom horns.
- There are different character models. You can choose both look and gender.
- You can drive on the surf of beaches, but if you get too far you’re going to be reset on the beach.
- There are going to be new radio stations. Rock, Hip-hip, and a Groove radio station where you can upload your own music to OneDrive, and you’ll be driving to your own playlist. The total of radio stations will be eight, including the custom one.
- There’s nothing to announce for now about a demo: “stay tuned.”
- There have been a lot of questions on the inclusion of bikes and even hovercrafts, but the future of Forza will still be focused on cars.
- There will be a lot of Australian cars in the game.
- Every single thing doable in the game can be played with three friends in co-op.
Have something to tell us about this article?