It was in the air, and Microsoft announced today that Forza Motorsport 6 will launch on Windows 10, even if it won’t be in the same form as the Xbox One release.
It’s named Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, and will release globally this spring as a free to play digital download.
“Arriving in the Windows Store this spring, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is a free, curated standalone experience for Windows 10 that provides fans with a diverse tour of what Forza Motorsport 6 has to offer, including trademark innovations iconic to the Forza franchise, such as Drivatar opponents and Forzavista cars, as well as new ways to play and compete. The experience also takes advantage of DirectX 12, delivering breathtaking visuals at up to 4K resolution, and was playable for the first time at the Xbox Spring Showcase on an Intel Unleashed Custom.”
Here’s a list of features that you can expect from the upcoming release:
A Curated Forza Experience on Windows 10 PCs
- Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.
- Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.
- Race a diverse selection of 63 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.
- Compete on more than 20 exciting track ribbons across six world-famous locales, including wet-weather and night variants.
- Face unrelenting action at simulation speed with, DirectX 12, the new standard for 3D graphics that enables players to experience gains in performance and overall optimization.
- Unlock the full capabilities of your PC with full HD and breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution, powered by ForzaTechTM, Turn 10 Studios’ proprietary, state-of-the-art graphics and physics engine, and developed with DirectX 12.
- Delight in the stunning realism and precise detail of every car as the result of the ForzaTechTM engine, bringing the unique aspects that give each car its own unique feel to life.
Forza’s Debut on Windows 10 PCs
- Take advantage of a number of Windows 10 features, including the ability to access your existing friends and achievements list, text and voice chat via Xbox Live, and record and share your favorite moments and clips with built-in Game DVR.
- Build your Gamerscore up to 1,000 points by earning achievements exclusive to Forza players on Windows 10 PCs.
- Customize your player experience on Windows 10 PCs with support for mouse, keyboard and a variety of gamepads
Below you can also see the announcement trailer and a batch of screenshots in super-shiny 4k resolution.