Free Dishonored 2 Update Out Today; Adds New Game Plus, Quick-Access Wheel, and More
Today, Dishonored 2, from developer Arkane Studios and publisher Bethesda, got its first free update that notably brings the previously announced New Game Plus feature to all versions of the game (PS4, Xbox One, PC).
With New Game Plus, players will be able to (like normally) choose between playing as one of the game’s two protagonists, Emily and Corvo, however, with the new feature they will now be able to combine Empress Emily Kaldwin’s abilities with Royal Protector Corvo Attano’s signature powers to create any custom combo of multiple powers that they want. Unlocked once you complete the game as either character, New Game Plus also grants you access to all the Bonecharm Traits and Runes you collected from your previous playthrough and lets you reassign them to whatever powers you want.
Arkane has also announced that even more options to customize your experience will arrive in January with the game’s second free update. The second update will include a Mission Select feature, as well as additional Custom Difficulty Settings “that further tailor to your playstyle and adjust the challenge based on a wide array of settings.” More details about said update will come in the coming weeks according to the developer.
Below, you can check out the full patch notes for today’s update:
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
Dishonored 2 has been available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC since its launch on November 11th. If you want, you can check out our review of the game where we scored it a 9 out of 10.