During E3, Sony announced a host of F2P games coming to the PlayStation console throughout the year.
- Guns Up!: from Valkyrie Entertainment, play as the General where players will manage resources and deploy the right combination of troops, landing mines, air strikes, and smoke screens to destroy enemy bases and conquer new territories. Cross-Play allows Generals to perfect their strategy against opponents with turn-based asynchronous gameplay across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems. The game will release later this year.
- Fat Princess: Piece of Cake: takes the comic medieval battle royale to the next level with a brand-new strategic match-3 puzzle game. Wrapped within the universe of Fat Princess, players will charge into battle with four different character classes to rescue the princess. Throughout the battle, collect gems to upgrade troops, feed cake to the princess to unleash slam attacks and trigger massive combos to save the kingdom. As an added bonus, players will be rewarded for progressing in the game. For example, when players reach level 15, a voucher code to download the original Fat Princess for PS3 at no cost will be unlocked. The game will release this summer for PlayStation Vita and mobile platforms.
- BigFest: With the help of Big Dave and a crew of trusty roadies, this game gives music-lovers the ability to discover real-world music talent and build the ultimate music festival. Partnering with one of the world’s largest free music platforms, players help real-world, unsigned artists climb the charts as they build their mega festival. Players can swing by friends’ festivals to help build the best show or sabotage their success. If player are feeling generous, they can boost each other’s festivals by repairing a broken toilet or capturing a streaker or try vandalizing friend’s tour bus and destroying the stage. The will release for PS Vita.
- PAIN: is a wild, physics-based game where players load characters into a super-sized, ultra-powerful slingshot and launch them into an active, physics-controlled environment to cause destruction and PAIN. PAIN will be releasing exclusively on PS3 this summer.
- Kingdom Under Fire II: is a brand new action RTS, which players can control both troops and the hero at the same time. As an F2P MMO, players can evolve from a novice mercenary up to the ultimate conqueror of the world and can explore massive scale battlefields with other players. Players will uncover the secret storyline which was not revealed from the previous title, Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders. The game will release this summer for PS4 and PC.
- Reaper: is an action RPG platformer directed by Luc Bernard. The player will take control of one of Death’s reapers who decides to turn on Death after she sends him to take the life of his own daughter. Players will be able to collect over 100 Soul Cards at launch, which will go from simple things such as equipment, to more powerful cards like Summons and Spells. The game will release later this year for PS Vita.
- My Singing Monsters: is a world-building game where the player collects and breeds adorable monsters. There’s a big difference to this game, however, that sets it far apart from others of the genre; these monsters sing, play, and dance. Each island has its own song and is packed full of incredibly cute monsters. The new Yawstrich and G’joob monsters, which are only available on PS Vita, will enhance the islands and make them like none the world has ever seen.
Check out screenshots from the games in the gallery below.