Friday the 13th: The Game Gets a New Update on Consoles and PC; Features New Jason Model, Map, and More
Friday the 13th: The Game's latest update on consoles and PC introduces the Jason V model and the Pinehurst map, alongside some general bug fixes and more.
Friday the 13th: The Game first debuted last year and the multiplayer-focused survival-horror experience has shown little signs of slowing down, with a new update for the title adding some bug fixes and new content in store for the counselors (and Jason).
A new update for Friday the 13th: The Game has gone live according to the game’s official forums, with the latest update in particular adding the new “Jason V” character model (which brings over Jason’s appearance from Friday the 13th: Part V – A New Beginning) and the new Pinehurst map.
Alongside the new content, there are also a host of bug fixes and changes to enjoy as well, with the update now available across the console and PC versions of the game.
Friday the 13th: The Game is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC – for a closer look at the recent changes, you can check out the patch notes below:
Jason Part 5 and Pinehurst
Jason Part 5 and the Pinehurst map are both now available for both Multiplayer and Offline Bots!
Part 5 has no level requirement and has access to the following grab kills:
- Hedge Trimmer
- Last Breath
- You’re so Vein
New Unlockable Grab Kill
The grab kill Rugby Player is now available!
The requirements to unlock Rugby Player are:
- Level: 108
- Cost: 2500 CP
Changes and Bug Fixes
- Reduced the amount of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that can spawn per match
- Adjusted the amount of available spawns per match for each weapon
- Addressed several issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
- Fixed a bug that caused Bear Traps to disappear when disarmed by a counselor
- Fixed a bug related to the “The Final Chapter” achievement that was causing players to crash
- Jason will now begin each match equipped with 2 additional throwing knives
- Jason’s movement speed has been slightly increased
- Jason’s grab range and cone has been slightly increased
- Players can once again access the medium bloody skin for Savini Jason
- Note: The unlockable Light/Heavy bloody skins are not available for Savini Jason
- Fixed a bug that allowed Jason’s character model to rotate while knocked down
- The grab kills “Free Kick” and “Disarm” will now properly grant Versatile experience
- Fixed a bug where – if a player interacted with a window in a certain way, the window would break and incorrectly cause damage to the player
- Fixed inconsistencies that were appearing in several counselor models
- The Fuse will no longer be able to spawn in the same building as the Phone Box
- Addressed several exploit locations on all maps
- Made adjustments to several locations that were causing the objectives/repair parts spawns to be inaccessible
- Fixed several bugs related to the boat flipping mechanic
- Made many improvements and bug fixes to the bot AI in Offline Bots
- Restart function added to the pause menu in Offline Bots
- Fixed a bug causing the end score screen to incorrectly show badge progression in Offline Bots
- Note: Badges can not be obtained through Offline Bots
- Added servers for South America and Australia [PC]
- Added region auto-detection [PC]
Players should once again be able to hear the sound of weapons and items being dropped
The grab kill “Free Kick” will now properly take into account the user’s audio settings