Frostpunk Gets in the Post-Apocalyptic Christmas Spirit With a Free Content Update
Even in the post-apocalyptic winter of Frostpunk, players will be able to find a little bit of Christmas joy with the game's latest free content update.
When it released earlier this year, 11 bit studios’ Frostpunk instantly garnered attention for giving players a survival experience full of deep mechanics and a brutal level of decision-making. In the time since its release, the game has continually received new updates and free content, with the game now providing a very Frostpunk Christmas for players to get in the holiday spirit.
11 bit studios has announced that a new, free content update for Frostpunk is now available, called “A Christmas Carol.” The new update gives players a Christmas-themed questline to tie into the game’s harsh survival narrative, along with a new building and dilemma. The new content from the Christmas-themed update is also available in the game’s recently-released Endless Mode, as well.
Along with the new Christmas-y cheer that can be found in Frostpunk, the new update also provides some bug fixes and other changes, with the full notes for the update below:
- Fixed an issue when “There was no Waldo” could be unlocked in New Home scenario
- Fixed an issue when dismantling and reconstructing the Beacon during storm enables you to send scouts when the storm is still raging
- Fixed an issue where you could upgrade buildings for free
- Lighting changes and improvements to Faith buildings
- Lighting changes and improvements to Canyon map
- Some translation fixes
- Additional minor fixes and optimizations
Frostpunk is available now on PC – for a closer look at what the game has in store for Christmas, you can check out the video below for the “A Christmas Carol” update: