Earlier this morning Microsoft revealed its line-up of launch titles for the Xbox One and it was a doozy with 23 titles in all. As per the norm for any console at launch much of the list was made up of 3rd party software. A majority of the launch list is made of of titles that are not just multi-platform but also multigenerational with many of them available on “Gen 3” consoles as well.
So how many of the launch titles will be unique to Microsofts next console at launch? Almost 40%. Check out the list below:
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10, Microsoft Studios)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments LTD, Microsoft Studios)
Now before you get all “Zoo Tycoon isn’t a system seller” on me, keep in mind, that some folks base their purchases on what will provide the most unique experience. Especially if it comes down to picking only one machine this coming holiday season. It should also be noted that a handful of titles that are available on other systems will be providing exclusive content on the Xbox One.
As of right now, the Xbox One launch line up is completely stacked with exclusives (and exclusive content) which I’m sure will make some people think a little harder about their buying decision in the months to come.