Tonight at The Game Awards, Gearbox announced Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (which it will publish). In development, by developer People Can Fly, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is coming April 7th on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The following description of the game accompanied the announcement:
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition brings the critically-acclaimed cult-classic shooter to PlayStation® 4, Xbox One™ system, and PC in stunning ultra-high resolutions. Updated with hi-res textures, increased polygon counts, sterling audio, and smoother frame rates—all running in up to 4K resolution on PC and PS4™ Pro—this new version of Bulletstorm comes with all of the previously-released add-ons along with all-new content.
Step into the boots of Grayson Hunt after a crash landing on an abandoned resort planet forces him to make a hard choice: survival or revenge. An exiled member of the elite assassin group Dead Echo, Grayson’s reckless desire for vengeance finds his crew stranded on Stygia where he can finally confront the commander behind his betrayal—or get his team off the planet alive.
As mentioned above the game will run at 60 FPS and will support 4K on PC and PS4 Pro, as well as the following content:
- The Total Package – All previously-released content including all maps, modes, and more on your favorite modern platform
- New Overkill Campaign Mode – Blast your way through the campaign by starting with an unrestricted arsenal of weapons and Skillshots
- New Echo Maps – Showcase your skills on six brand-new levels for the score-based Echo Mode
- Killer Visuals – Presented with updated models, environments, and animations all running at a smoother framerate than ever before
- The Art of Destruction – Orchestrate masterful kills by mixing fast-paced gunplay with unique kick, slide, and leash combos
- Visceral Audio – Bask your ears in Skillshot glory with newly remastered audio effects
- Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour – Pre-order the game and get the option to play through the entire Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition campaign as Duke Nukem, featuring a fully rerecorded script and brand-new lines from the original voice of Duke
Steve Gibson, Head of Gearbox Publishing accompanied the announcement with the following:
“We are thrilled to be working with People Can Fly to bring Bulletstorm to new audiences and platforms. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition takes a critically-acclaimed game and adds so much to it with some killer new content, including all the separate add-on packs, and kicking up the presentation to a level that wasn’t possible with technology before. We hope fans of the franchise, both new and old, are going to love this.”
The game is available to preorder on all platforms, and includes a 15 percent discount as well as Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour content for free, which lets you play the whole game as Duke Nukem.
You can watch the debut trailer right here: