GDC11: Sins of a Solar Empire to Get Stand-Alone Expansion
Stardock announced that their critical success Sins of a Solar Empire will be getting its first stand-alone expansion today at the Game Developers Conference. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will be a refresh of the title that came before it, yet will include many more ships, new multiplayer leagues, achievements, a visual refresh and a lot more. Hit the break for a full break down of the new features that were revealed today. I was a huge fan of the original title, but unfortunately I haven’t played it in quite some time and am not up to speed with the previous expansions and changes. Perhaps this is my chance to get back into it?
- New Factions: Players decide whether to become Loyalists or Rebels, which unlocks a unique new tech tree granting them new technologies and ship variants.
- New Titan-class ships: Massive warships for each race that dwarf capital ships, these deadly new monsters are capable of wiping out entire enemy fleets single-handedly.
- New Capital Ships: A new capital ship class arrives, giving players new strategic options.
- New Corvette-class ships: Small, highly maneuverable light ships that are adept at a variety of tasks.
- Loyalist and Rebel versions of some of the existing Sins’ frigates and cruisers, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Updated lighting and particle effects for enhanced visuals.
- New Victory Conditions to allow for more variety, differing strategies and shorter game sessions.
- Additional capital ship ability levels, for greater strategic choice.
- Impulse::Reactor support for chat, friends, achievements and more.