Gears 5 District Multiplayer Map Flythrough Trailer Gears Fans for a Good Time
Gears 5 receives a new flythrough trailer today showing off all the intricate and somber details of this classic map for the game: District.
A new Gears 5 trailer, which was just released today, shows off the first multiplayer map in the game: District. The flythrough trailer gives us a close look at the intricate details that went into the crafting of this stage. The bleak atmosphere and destruction littering the area is an excellent precursor to the game’s story.
Also coming soon for fans awaiting the upcoming new entry is the Gears 5 Tech Test, which is coming out on July 19th. The Technical Test will include three modes across two brand new multiplayer maps to play throughout both test periods:
- Arcade: A new approachable, frenetic Versus experience.
- Escalation: The pinnacle objective mode of Gears is back and better than ever.
- King of the Hill: Capture the hill, enjoy the carnage.
In addition, players will also get to try out two new features of Gears 5:
- Bootcamp: Practice your skills and learn new mechanics in our new training mode.
- Tour Of Duty: Experience a mini Tour of Duty, where you’ll complete Medals to unlock exclusive Tester Weapon Skins to take into Gears 5. Complete all three Medals to unlock the exclusive Tester Banner to showcase in the upcoming game.
According to the official FAQ:
This Technical Test allows us to stress test our servers over two focused Test Periods to ensure the best possible experience when large volumes of players rush in at launch.
For our PC fans, it gives us a critical opportunity to get the game onto PCs with unique combinations of hardware and software at scale. If any unforeseen issues arise, it gives us the opportunity ahead of launch to identify and address any issues ahead of release.
The game won’t have a season pass as it will release all DLC maps for free. Gears 5 is coming out for Xbox One on September 10th. You can preorder the standard edition here or the Ultimate Edition here. Also, check out our preview of the game here if you’re still undecided on whether to preorder.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.