Gears of War 4 Will have a "Seriously..." Achievement; Info Shared on Multiplayer and More
During a livestream hosted today on Twitch, Gears of War 4 eSports Producer Jack Felling and Community Manager Liam “TC Octus” Ashley gave some interesting info about the upcoming game.
- The Coalition is putting a ton of effort in all the multiplayer characters, and they’re very unique. Fans will be satisfied by the quality.
- There won’t be another beta for the game. The team is just focusing on pushing for the release.
- Pro teams are very involved with giving feedback about development of the competitive gameplay of the game.
- Guardian mode will return in Gears of War 4. Wingman mode won’t be at launch, but the team knows that it’s a popular mode. Yet, they have nothing to announce at the moment. The same goes for Free-for-All.
- There will be event-related and community-related exclusive weapon skins emblems and goodies. The team wants to have things to give to members to the community who do special things.
- The sniper rifle will still have bloom in the final game, but it has been tweaked a little.
- The Developer Playlist (included in the Season Pass) is designed to let players experience things first, for instance map previews, different settings and special events.
- The game includes an inventory that doesn’t just let you see the cards you own, but also those that you don’t have. You can dismantle cards, and get a currency named “scrap” that you can use to create almost all the available cards.
- There will be a new “Seriously…” achievement. Ashley is very excited to see what people will make of the new version.
- Weapon skins won’t carry over from the Ultimate Edition to Gears of War 4, but there might be new skins inspired by some included in the Ultimate Edition.
- The team is aware that the community wants a publicly API, but it’s a big thing to do, so it won’t be out at launch. The Coalition would love to implement it, but can’t make promises.
- The Mark 1 Lancer (A.K.A. Retro Lancer) won’t be a starting weapon anymore, but will be a pick-up weapon at launch. It will be different than in Gears of War 3. It’s a mid-range weapon like the normal Launcer.
- There will be team-branded weapon skins to support teams, and also a couple more items that The Coalition isn’t ready to announce yet.
- Locusts won’t be in the multiplayer at launch. The non-human team will include only DeeBees and Swarm (the human team will include COG and Outcast).
- Wall canceling has been tweaked, especially on the competitive modes, and now has an increase delay.
Gears of War 4 will launch for Xbox One and PC on October 11th.
Have something to tell us about this article?