Genshin Impact 2.2 Update Countdown, Release Time/Date, Free Primogems, Maintenance Schedule
Patch notes and everything you should know about the Genshin Impact 2.2 update - release date, time, maintenance schedule, and free Primogems.
Genshin Impact Version 2.2 Into the Perilous Labyrinth of Fog is launching in a few hours, here are the update’s time, its patch notes, when the maintenance will end, and how many free Primogems we’ll get as compensation.
Genshin Impact Version 2.2 will most notably add Thoma as a playable character, with reruns for Childe and Hu Tao. The final island of Inazuma, Tsurumi Island, will be implemented as well. We’ll also be able to get Xinyan for free.
Genshin Impact Version 2.2 update time, maintenance countdown, free Primogems
The maintenance for Genshin Impact Version 2.2 will start at 6 PM EST (3 PM PST) on October 12, 2021. Click here for other time zones and a countdown. The maintenance is scheduled to last five hours. Seeing we get 60 Primogems for each hour of maintenance, we will get 300 Primogems in total.
Keep in mind it’s possible for maintenance to end slightly earlier than the scheduled time. In this scenario, we will still get all the Freemogems.
Moreover, you can pre-install Version 2.2 on PC and Mobile by opening the Genshin Impact launcher and clicking the pre-installation button. You cannot pre-install on PS4 and PS5.
Genshin Impact 2.2 update patch notes – New island, Thoma, Domain, Weapons
Tsurumi Island – An island that has been locked off by perpetual fog, where few people dare enter.
◇ After the Version 2.2 update, Tsurumi Island in the Inazuma region will be available.
◇ Unlock Criteria: Complete the World Quest “Seirai Stormchasers“.
4-Star Character “Protector From Afar” Thoma (Pyro)
◇ Vision: Pyro
◇ Weapon: Polearm
◇ The Kamisato Clan’s housekeeper. A well-known “fixer” in Inazuma.
◇ A mansion that was set up somewhere outside the Sea of Fog. No one knows who built this place, but it seems clear that it is now nothing but a den of ravenous wolves.
◇ Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 40 or above and fulfill certain criteria.
◆ Challenge the Domain to obtain rewards such as Primogems and Electro Sigils.
Located at Tsurumi Island.
Polar Star (5-Star Bow)
Akuoumaru (4-Star Claymore)
Wavebreaker’s Fin (4-Star Polearm)
Mouun’s Moon (4-Star Bow)
2.2 Events schedule, World Quests and Hangout, new enemies
“Labyrinth Warriors” Event: Take part to invite “Blazing Riff” Xinyan (Pyro)!
During the event, you can obtain Aged Tokens upon completing the Mystic Onmyou Chamber. Aged Tokens can be exchanged in the event shop for Primogems, Crown of Insight, Character Level-Up Materials, Talent Level-Up Materials, Hero’s Wit, Mystic Enhancement Ore, and Mora. If you meet all the requirements for Blazing Unison, you can exchange a number of Aged Tokens to invite “Blazing Riff” Xinyan (Pyro) for free.
All the times above are server time, so it’s EST-1 if you play on the North America server.
Eligibility for the event
Adventure Rank 30 or above
And complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
New Hangout Events
Hangout Events: Series III
Hangout Event: Thoma – Act I “A Housekeeper’s Daily Chores”
Hangout Event: Sayu – Act I “Yoohoo Art: Seichou no Jutsu”
New World Quests
◆ New World Quests: “A Particularly Particular Author,” “Octave of the Maushiro,” “The Sea of Fog and the Rite of the Trees,” “The Sun-Wheel and Mt. Kanna,” “The Saga of Mr. Forgetful,” “Clean House,” and more.
Rifthound Whelp and Rifthound
◇ Beasts with monstrous blood that are capable of eroding the boundaries of the world.
New recipes, achievements, Serenitea Pot updates
- New Recipes: “Warmth,” Radish and Fish Stew, Wakatakeni, Berry Mizu Manjuu, and Soba Noodles
- New Achievement categories such as “Through the Mists,” and additions to the “Wonders of the World” and “Memories of the Heart” categories
- New Namecards: “Travel Notes: Heavenly General,” “Thoma: Blazing Guard, “Inazuma: Eagleplume”
- New Realm Layout “Silken Courtyard”
○ Unlock Criteria:
• Sacred Sakura’s Favor Level 40 or above
• Obtain Silken Print
- New Furnishing Categories: Floating Platform and Paving, and new Furnishings
Genshin Impact 2.2 update System optimizations and adjustements
1. After Travelers abandon the challenge in the “Full Speed Ahead” commission quest, the remaining enemies will no longer drop Elemental Particles.
2. Optimizes the experience of the “Rules of Safe Transportation” and “Safe Conduct” commission quests in the Inazuma area, and increased the HP and Movement SPD of the hot air balloon.
3. Optimizes the trial character’s Artifacts and Talent levels in some Story Quests, so that they change dynamically with the World Level.
1. Increases Inventory limit for Artifacts from 1,000 to 1,500.
2. Adjusts the display order after performing a 10-wish pull. After adjustment, the pull results will be displayed with the following priority (from left to right): 5-star character > 5-star weapon > 4-star character > 4-star or 3-star weapon > items not converted to Starglitter > items converted to Starglitter > Sequence acquired.
(Originally: 5-star character > 4-star character > 5-star weapon > 4-star or 3-star weapon > items not converted to Starglitter > items converted to Starglitter > Sequence acquired.)
3. Adds a new feature to skip the display scene when performing a 10-wish pull.
4. Adds feature for learning Furnishing Blueprints in the Forge menu, Crafting Bench, and the Furnishing Creation interface in Serenitea Pot.
5. Optimizes location selection logic in the Expedition page when using a Controller.
6. The conditions for purchasing the Starter Supply Bundle and Wayfarer’s Supply Bundle permanent bundles are adjusted to Adventure Rank 25 or above (originally Adventure Rank 1).
7. Optimizes the performance of the Hangout Event interface.
• Adds ending status display in the Hangout Event interface.
• Adds new hints in the Hangout Event Storyline Summary screen: during the process, you can start playing from any of the completed plot nodes.
• Options you have selected before will be recorded when the Hangout Event is played on the same device.
8. Optimizes the Time Adjustment experience in Paimon Menu: you can now change time over the span of days.
9. Adds some prompts for loading screens.
1. Optimizes the descriptions of Sucrose’s Lv. 4 Constellation “Alchemania” and of Noelle’s Passive Talent “Nice and Clean” (only the descriptions were revised, the actual effects of the skill work as intended in-game).
○ Original description of Sucrose’s “Alchemania”: “Every 7 Normal and Charged Attacks, Sucrose will reduce the CD of Astable Anemohypostasis Creation – 6308 by 1-7s.”
○ Revised description: “Sucrose will reduce the CD of Astable Anemohypostasis Creation – 6308 by 1-7s for every 7 Normal or Charged Attack hits she scores against opponents. One hit may be counted every 0.1s.”
○ Original description of Noelle’s “Nice and Clean”: “Breastplate’s CD is reduced by 1s per 4 Normal Attack or Charged Attack hits. Hitting multiple enemies with one attack is only counted as one hit.”
○ Revised description: “Noelle will decrease the CD of Breastplate by 1s for every 4 Normal or Charged Attack hits she scores on opponents.\nOne hit may be counted every 0.1s.”
1. Optimizes the music switching range in some areas.
2. Optimizes the voice-over for some characters and quests.
3. Reduces the time delay between characters opening the Treasure Chest and triggering of the relevant voice-over line.
4. Adjusts the voice-over of Sayu when she deploys her wind glider.
- In the Shop > Stardust Exchange section, there is now no limit to the amount of Mora that can be exchanged, but we have added a limit for each exchange, which is 100.
- At the Souvenir Shops in Mondstadt and Liyue, there is no limit to the amount of Mora that can be exchanged, but we have added a limit for each exchange, which is 300.
- Updates the usable materials for the Parametric Transformer: including new harvestable materials in Inazuma and certain materials dropped by enemies, etc.
- Reduces visual obstruction from special effects when bow characters enter Aiming Mode (such as shield effects and the effects of the Raiden Shogun’s Chakra Desiderata).
- Reduces the brightness of the Raiden Shogun’s Chakra Desiderata in various lighting conditions.
- New items at NPC Marjorie’s store in Mondstadt: Windblume Festival Commemorative Balloon, Windsong Lyre, and Wind-Blessed Harpastum are currently available for purchase. This is especally nice for new players who missed past events.
- Optimizes the rules for the appearance of “warm” ground in the Domain “Peak of Vindagnyr” in order to avoid the long absence of “warm” ground.
- Reduced the camera shake caused by storms and lightning in the open world, and optimizes the gaming experience when thunderstorms are in high frequency.
- Adds PC platform support for DualSense™ Wireless Controller for PS5™. Travelers, please keep in mind when using the DualSense™ Wireless Controller:
① Please connect the DualSense™ Wireless Controller to the PC before opening the game.
② After connecting the controller, you need to configure the sound channels of the wireless controller: Windows Settings > System > Sound > Sound Control Panel > Playback > Right click on “Speaker Wireless Controller” > Configure Speakers > Select Configuration [Four Channels] > Next > Select all full-range speakers > Next > Finish.
③ When replacing the USB port connected to the controller, you may need to reconfigure the Wireless Controller sound channel and restart the game.
④ The vibration function when Bluetooth is connected to the DualSense™ Wireless Controller is not currently supported. If you would like to feel the vibration function of the Controller, please use a wired Controller.
⑤ DualSense™ Wireless Controller speaker sound effects are currently not supported.