Genshin Impact Account Hack: How to Avoid it and Will 2FA be Added?
Here is how to safeguard your Genshin Impact account.
Genshin Impact is undoubtedly one of the most popular games in the industry right now. A lot has been going on in the game in the past few days, and a major 1.4 Update is all set to roll out in the next few days.
Amidst all that, the entire Genshin Impact community has become paranoid of their accounts getting hacked. Here is what we know about the hack so far and how players can avoid it.
- MORE FROM GENSHIN: Why Did Genshin Impact KFC Collab Cancel in Shanghai, China?
Genshin Impact Account Hack: How to avoid it?
Recently, a large number of players have reported that their accounts have been hacked. The exact reason behind it is unknown, but many believe it is due to a large database leak that has happened. While we are not able to verify those claims, we can instead suggest ways how you can secure your account.
- Change your password: Most of the time users a common passwords for their emails and game accounts. If their email password gets leaked in a data breach or due to some other reason, that means both their accounts will be at risk. This should be avoided at all costs. Users should try to use a strong and unique password that has a combination of special characters, alphabets, and numbers. This makes it less vulnerable to brute force attacks and improves the security of your account.
- Link your mobile number and email to your account: You should make sure that you have your mobile number linked to your account. This will prevent your account password from getting changed, although the hacker might still get access to your account if he has your password.
- Avoid phishing links: Be it Genshin Impact or any other game, you should stay away from all sites which offer you any in-game item for free. More often than not, these websites are fake and will ask for your account credentials which can get it hacked.
- UID alone can’t get your account hacked: This has been one of the most debatable things in the community, and many players are paranoid of their UID being leaked online. It should be noted that if you are using a strong enough password, UID alone isn’t enough to get your account hacked.
Genshin Impact Account Hack: Will 2FA be added?
As of now, miHoYo hasn’t stated that 2FA will be added or not. But considering the recent developments, it just makes sense for the developers to add it as soon as possible. We will keep you updated once that is added. Until then, stay away from phishing links and secure your account!
Genshin Impact is available on PC, PS4, PS5, and Mobile.