Genshin Impact - How to Link Mobile/PC To PS4/PS5 And Cross Save
Enjoy cross save on all platforms now!
With the new Genshin Impact 2.0 update, miHoYo has also introduced the cross save feature in the game.
This will enable players to save their game progress across all their devices. The best part is that it will allow PS4 and PS5 players to bring over their progress to Android, iOS, or PC and vice versa too.
All you need to do is link your PSN and miHoYo accounts for this. So let’s check out how to do it.
- MORE: Is Genshin Impact Cross Platform, Cross Save on Epic Games Store?
How does account linking work?
Enabling the cross save in Genshin Impact can be a bit messy so let me establish a couple of things beforehand. First, there are two ways to complete this task. Second, we shall refer to all iOS/Android/PC account as miHoYo account and all PS4/PS5 account as PSN accounts for the sake of clarity.
This is because there are two different accounts that needs to be created and linked to activate the cross save feature. Once your account for PSN is linked to a valid email address, you will be able to log in on iOS/Android/PC using your miHoYo Account, or on PlayStation using the account for PSN linked to the email address associated with your miHoYo Account.
What type of account can be linked?
The account to be linked must meet the following conditions: for the account for PSN and the email address to be linked, either the account for PSN must not have been used to log into Genshin Impact, or the email address must not yet have been used to register a miHoYo Account. That would result in the following two cases:
- If the account for PSN has not been used to log into Genshin Impact, an email address that has been used to register a miHoYo Account can be linked to the account for PSN.
- If the email address has not been used to register a miHoYo Account, an account for PSN that has been used to log into Genshin Impact can be linked to this email address. At the same time, this email address will be used to register a miHoYo Account.
What type of accounts cannot be linked?
Please note that the following cases are not eligible for account linking:
- Your account for PSN has already been used to log in to Genshin Impact and you want to link it to an email address that is already associated with a miHoYo Account. In this case, account linking will not be possible.
- This is because your account for PSN automatically registers a miHoYo Account after logging into Genshin Impact. Thus, it cannot be linked to an email address that is already associated with a different miHoYo Account.
- Hence, if you want to link an account for PSN that has logged in to Genshin Impact to your email address, you must ensure that your email address is not associated with a miHoYo Account yet.
How To Link PSN and Mihoyo Account To Enable Cross Save In Genshin Impact
Before proceeding with the steps mentioned below, make sure that you read the criteria mentioned above. Now depending on which of the two cases below applies to you, the process can be slightly different.
Link PC/mobile account to PS4/PS5
- First, you need to install Genshin Impact on your PS4 or PS5
- Launch the game and follow the on-screen prompts. Here you will see a pop up window explaining steps to link your PSN account to an external email.
- Just complete the steps and it will link the accounts.
*Note: The pop-up window will appear when your account for PSN enters the game for the first time after agreeing to the Terms of Service. You can only link an existing miHoYo Account from this pop-up window. If you skip the pop-up, your account for PSN will log in to the game and register a miHoYo Account, after which it can no longer be linked to an email address that is already associated with a separate miHoYo Account.
Linking your PS4/PS5 account to PC/mobile
The steps for account linking starts the same way if your progress is on PlayStation:
- Just launch the game, log in and wait for the game to boot
- Once the game is loaded, go to Settings > Account > User Center > Link Account
- Here, link your account for PSN that is logged in to Genshin Impact to an email address that is not associated with a miHoYo Account
Cross save in Genshin Impact
After linking your accounts using the steps mentioned above, your game progress will be shared when you log into your account to play on the same server on iOS, Android, PC, and PlayStation.
Cross-save goes live after the update release on July 21. You can read more about the account linking process on miHoYo’s official post.